Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

send a text message toa sprint phone even though i have cingular service?

lil_wayne_1029

Feb 27, 2004, 7:43 PM
my friend has a sprint phone and everytime i try to send her a text she says she receives a message with a whole bunch of numbers. is there a way to send my friend sprint even though i have a cingular phone?
Myth

Feb 28, 2004, 11:46 AM
lil_wayne_1029 said:
my friend has a sprint phone and everytime i try to send her a text she says she receives a message with a whole bunch of numbers. is there a way to send my friend sprint even though i have a cingular phone?

Well, it is not a universal incompatibility between the two networks -- I have a friend with Sprint, and I text him a lot.

Do you have troubles texting other people? Can your friend get other text messages? Maybe there's something poorly set up with one or the other of your phones or accounts.
simplymarcus

Mar 2, 2004, 12:43 AM
I work for cingular sounds llike a translation issue. What are you sending just a plain text or a text with graphics. If just plain text you need to call customer care and have them fix it. If it is a picture message ou are not going to be able to send that to a sprint phone.
PupaScoopa

Mar 5, 2004, 5:07 PM
Try sending it to the email version of the number, for instance 0000000000@sprintpcs.com or 0000000000@vtext.com (for Verizon). That usually fixes translation issues because it goes out an internet gateway and comes back in through the internet via an email message.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.