Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 15 replies

cingular service

topgun

May 16, 2005, 2:49 AM
I have had every phone company in the last year or so. well the to I liked the best was sprint witch i have now and cingular. i had cingular would use treo 650 and it would have 5 bars then get a phone call and nothing all is gone I took it in and the said it was the sim card I tried about 3 different cars still nothing would change. was it me or have other and the trouble and help would be good.
kai445

May 16, 2005, 11:42 PM
I heard you needed to use SIMs produced by Axalto for the Treo. They have the letter "A" instead of "G"

Apparently the ones made by Gemplus produced problems (in the Treo, but not any other phones as far as is publically known).

If your Treo has been behaving 'strangely' you should check the make of your SIM card which will sport a "G" or "A" after the 5 digit SKU. If you have a "G" card (for Gemplus) and have experienced problems you should contact Cingular to get a new SIM card.
topgun

May 17, 2005, 1:05 AM
I had an A on mine.
yahoosd

Jun 3, 2005, 10:30 AM
If I were you I would probabyy call their watrranty exchange department, at 800-801-1101 so that they can troubleshoot and see if an exchange is necessary. Hope this helps!
homeslice5484

Jun 19, 2005, 8:57 PM
Cingular, Lowering the Bar

What can I say, I get no signal in my house or in my neighborhood and the phones suck, especially the e317. Get verizon once they get smaller phones.
gizzo fizzone

Jun 20, 2005, 2:33 AM
Sorry buddy but no provider is perfect. I'm sure the service works for millions of other people around the country. But in your case this is where the beauty of choice comes into play. So instead of cryin and makin everyone Else's decision of what provider to pick change your maxi pad and just switch carriers. btw, you had 30 days from the moment you bought the phone to figure out it was a POS. So basically, YOUR BAD!!!
captainplooky

Jun 20, 2005, 5:10 AM
My ebonics is non-existant so I used a translator to assist you in deciphering my message. Below you will most likely find an understandable version of my post.

Joy - yet another new Cinular prick on da boards all too eager ta berate and jump on da Cinular groupthink bandwagon.
- aww yea foo.

. So instead of cryin and makin everyone Else's decision of what provider to pick

Point of order - these boards is fo da discussion and dissemination of help, ideas and opinions.

If ya do not like dat - perhaps ya should gots taken da time ta understand what these boards is fo and should not gots joined befoe espousin such a contrary diatribe ta da very reason these boards exist.
- aww yea foo.
Sierra

Jul 11, 2005, 11:36 AM
Oh, man... 😁
colione112

Aug 7, 2005, 1:48 AM
Back to the topic at hand.... yes you needed a sime card that started with "A". There was also a software issue, and they released a new version you can get from palms website.

"Cingular, Lowering the Bar

What can I say, I get no signal in my house or in my neighborhood and the phones suck, especially the e317. Get verizon once they get smaller phones."

--what does this have to do with his question? No service is going to work for everyone, thats why there are so many carriers. If your having a problem, try a diff phone, or pay your 150.00 and go see how another carrier is.. 🙄
SilverJack

Jul 11, 2005, 10:58 PM
Fashizlle ma nizlle 😳
AshDizzle

Aug 9, 2005, 10:50 PM
hahahaha... that is the best/funniest thing i have ever seen on these boards.
pixxie_01

Jun 3, 2005, 8:22 PM
The treos dont get good service. They are a great device for pda functions but as a phone they pretty much suck
Punk0Rama

Jun 9, 2005, 10:04 PM
depending on what model you get, the treo's are not that bad. 600 had some serious problems, but the 650 tends to be better for most customers.
colione112

Aug 7, 2005, 1:49 AM
The 650 is a really good phone, I used one for a month (I work at a cing store and we change phones often so we can try different ones out). There was a software problem, and they offer a free download from palms website.
franchisedrep

Jul 11, 2005, 1:42 PM
anyone really understand what he said in that post/?
KnifeySpooney

Jul 11, 2005, 8:24 PM
I believe it was along the lines of the following:

He has tried multiple carriers over the past few years. He is now using Sprint and Cingular.

He uses a Treo 650 with Cingular, but has had problems with it keeping a strong signal and reading the SIM card.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.