Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Syncronizing the Droid with Corporate Microsoft Exchange Server

Braeth1

Nov 18, 2009, 10:48 PM
O.K. So i never want to leave Verizon, but my the phone selection was beginning to get challenging when blackberries are not an option. So I ran out like others to purchase the DROID. Such an amazing PDA. Every aspect of the phone is great, but I am really having a problem with getting up and running with my office. Here is the issue: Active Sync and numerous corporate office servers require security measures to fully enable the DROID to have the calendar, e-mail and contacts to be pushed without having to stop by at google. To get it to work the following security measures must be present: 6-digit PIN device lock, remote wipe, certificate-based authentication, direct push, and online GAL lookup. Active sync contains all of these meas...
(continues)
southwestcomm

Nov 19, 2009, 11:32 PM
Other than remote wipe I don't think any of those security requirements are available.
Braeth1

Nov 20, 2009, 6:42 AM
Strange, then how did Verizon/Motorola/Google think that this was going to replace/compete with the iPhone if it really doesn't replace this level of security that active sync or apple has to get the business world to embrace it? I love the phone but if I can not replace the security, then I can not use it for work, then it goes back.
kcso

Nov 21, 2009, 1:28 PM
I don't need all the security I don't think, but I can not sync with my companies server that is a somewhat basic Microsoft Outlook based email. I try to enter my email and password, and it will not let me in. Is this the same kind of issue you are having? How can I do this?

Also, I was surprised and dissappointed to find out I can not access my yahoo.com account because supposidly Yahoo does not offer POP without upgrading to a paid account. I find this hard to believe, seeing how many people have yahoo accts. Is this true?
Braeth1

Nov 21, 2009, 6:17 PM
I am far from a tech expert, but each company has some level of security which would prevent you from synchronizing. Your Yahoo should be working. Not sure why it is not. My tech department said they are testing a software called Touchdown which does cost $'s, bit it may solve your issue. praying it solves mine.
kcso

Nov 21, 2009, 9:06 PM
Actually I found on the droid,that on Motorolas website it says some yahoo accounts may not work, which I verified with yahoo. Their "free" accounts do not offer forwarding or POP, you must upgrade and pay for their "mail plus".
Braeth1

Nov 22, 2009, 12:17 PM
Good to know. I still need to get the word out there about sync issue so that more programmers out there can help fix this issue.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.