Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 29 replies

X360

meeshxsmith

Sep 27, 2009, 5:45 PM
So we just got a 360 today 😁 but it does not have a wireless router or a memory stick.

So my question. Can you connect a Blackberry to a 360 to get a network? we just need to sign in and stuff. Not doing a lot of downloading. Going to pick up a wireless rounter soon.
ecycled

Sep 28, 2009, 11:03 AM
Sorry no, you cannot tether a blackberry to a xbox 360. The wifi is not transmitting out.

Also try and google your query to see if anyone has created software to work around it.
meeshxsmith

Sep 29, 2009, 4:15 PM
Sorry I'm stuck at work without google so sorry in advance for any stupid questions.
ecycled

Sep 30, 2009, 9:50 AM
its not a dumb question, I just have the obvious answer. I mention google because there are ppl who figure out work around for these things.
Coil

Oct 10, 2009, 7:55 PM
You can create a wifi network from your blackberry using a new device called wmwifi router. Google it.
fer712

Sep 29, 2009, 5:43 PM
🤣 u gotta be kidding............. 😳
meeshxsmith

Oct 4, 2009, 4:27 PM
The first time I ever heard about tethering was on this site. At first I thought it was real cool until I looked into tethering programs and data caps.

So now I think anything is possible.
kcmexican

Sep 30, 2009, 11:28 AM
What's better a 360 OR a Playstation 3?
ecycled

Sep 30, 2009, 12:16 PM
I own the xbox 360 but I have to say PS3 is better right now since HD died and PS3 has Bluetooth.

Also, www.cnet.com/cheapskate has the wii for 174.99 today (9/30/09)
kcmexican

Sep 30, 2009, 12:56 PM
Man I might get the PS3 I just wanted to try something different. why do they sell to different versions of the same system's? I know it has something to so with memory or some crap like that right?
ecycled

Sep 30, 2009, 2:03 PM
yeah memory. In my strip center there is an independent video game dealer that sells everything: atari, nintendo, and all the new stuff. He said they stopped selling either the 60 or 80 GB PS3 or something like that, it had a laser that would read old PS2 and PS games so they discontinued it. They still sell for like 300 bucks!
mrpmpfan

Oct 3, 2009, 4:50 AM
The reason Sony has so many versions of the PS3 is because they aren't selling worth anything, so they are confused and make a ton of different versions hoping one will catch the publics attention. Meanwhile the Xbox 360 is refining Xbox Live and making it the best service ever offered by any of the major video game companies, and snagging exclusives (GTA Downloadable stories, Metal Gear Solid title, Left 4 Dead 2).
meeshxsmith

Sep 30, 2009, 5:01 PM
PS3 is better because

1) Already has a wireless router
2) It can play Blue Ray
3) Controllers are wireless, and you plug them in to power up

Most 360 games are aslo available for PS3.

I like both systems for different reasons. 🙂
kcmexican

Oct 1, 2009, 7:20 AM
Thanks for the info, You sold me the PS3! 😁
meeshxsmith

Oct 1, 2009, 5:41 PM
It's a great system 🙂. Enjoy it.

Especially playing blue rays on a HD TV. That and a sound sytem, and you will never have to go to the movies again 🙂
mrpmpfan

Oct 3, 2009, 11:12 AM
The PS3 does not have almost the same titles as the 360. because the 360 has two complete expansions to GTA IV that the PS3 doesn't have. Fallout 3 has a bunch of expansions that are 360 exclusives, and Left 4 Dead 2 is an Xbox Exclusive.
meeshxsmith

Oct 4, 2009, 4:30 PM
Not really a Fallout or a Left 4 Dead girl, but I have to admit I had a lot of fun this weekend downloading live games and playing them.
mrpmpfan

Oct 6, 2009, 5:40 AM
The personal thing that would drive me nuts is that some games come out months if not a whole year on the 360 before coming out on the PS3. Bioshock and Ninja Gadien 2 would be two good examples. I also remember skate took a couple months to come to the ps3 and in doing so you had two less people you could play online with.
meeshxsmith

Oct 6, 2009, 4:29 PM
Yeah I guess that would be annoying. I'm a pretty patient person. But Bioshock was 😲 . I can't wait for 2 to come out.
mrpmpfan

Oct 7, 2009, 5:32 AM
Well it comes out for the 360 next year around March. Not sure when the PS3 version comes out, lol.
famoussasjohn

Oct 2, 2009, 12:21 PM
you forgot that the xbox can be modded and you can burn your games for free.

i have over 45 games that have been FREE 😁

so in my eyes xbox>>ps3 because free games is a bonus! 😁
you can charge your xbox controllers with the charge and play kit that is $20 bucks. I have 3 wireless controllers with the charge kits for when they die.
meeshxsmith

Oct 2, 2009, 5:05 PM
I wouldn't brag about burning games.

Yeah there is the charge and play kit but for PS3 it's free.

Don't get me wrong, I like my 360. I like the fact you can get achievments for the games.

But the PS3 also has the controller that senses movement.

I just got my 360 and already enjoying it. Both are great systems.
famoussasjohn

Oct 3, 2009, 8:04 AM
meeshxsmith said:
I wouldn't brag about burning games.

Yeah there is the charge and play kit but for PS3 it's free.

Don't get me wrong, I like my 360. I like the fact you can get achievments for the games.

But the PS3 also has the controller that senses movement.

I just got my 360 and already enjoying it. Both are great systems.

why? free games is better than paying $60 per game. I would recommend modding the xbox and "trying" out the games before you buy them.

yes I know this, it should be included because the price was so steep for the ps3. now they are a reasonable price.

trophies, achievements, same thing. keeps me motivated to keep playing the game.

and the motion sensor for the...
(continues)
meeshxsmith

Oct 6, 2009, 4:30 PM
Well I use a game rental site, so I don't have promblems spending $60 a game. I play a game for about a week or two and I beat it and then pass it on.
ulcards

Oct 1, 2009, 9:22 PM
XBOX 360 is alot better on my opinion due to Netflix deal with xbox to stream movies to ur tv instantly\.. xfm internet radio deal coming soon is sweet . um games on xbox 360 are better by far and xbox live can't be touched by anything ps3 has .. and the new project NATAL system for 360 is going to be bad a$$ just youtube project natal see for yourself ..blueray is all sony has and i dont think its worth the other thing you will miss out on with 360 plus microsoft is more than likely looking to do something with blueray soon u just never know .. 😎
meeshxsmith

Oct 2, 2009, 5:08 PM
I wonder if they will create a blue ray driver?

That would be cool.

Um you can watch Netflix on your PS3. I know I just got a 360.

But yeah, I'm enjoying my system. Already downloaded some games with X Box Live but I still think

PS3 is more everything system and 360 is more of a game system.

Can't wait until they add facebook to 360 though.
ulcards

Oct 2, 2009, 5:59 PM
yes 360 has alot of upcomming addons in xbox live the 360 is better like u listed them if your more of a gamer than needing all that fancy movie blueray stuff ..I own all 3 next gen systems so i get to enjoy the plus feature of all of them not so much the wii its just bad dont play it at all much anymore my son took ownership of it lol ..I am lookin foward to playing GOW 3 on PS3 im pumped about that game but there are like 5 new upcomming 360 games i want like mass effect 2 bioshock 2, splintercell conviction, forza 3,and a new metal gear that will be made for 360 finally .. 😎
NEPats726420

Oct 5, 2009, 2:35 PM
MODERN WARFARE 2!!
ulcards

Oct 6, 2009, 5:39 PM
i was mainly listing exclusives but yes Modern Warfare 2 will be an amazing game as well ..
dirtyhippo

Oct 7, 2009, 7:56 PM
Left 4 Dead 2 😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.