Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Selling my old phone on ebay, what can i do to erase it's #

chillyH2O

May 15, 2009, 9:00 AM
what must i do to delete my # and mobile id # off of this phone before selling it? thx-

lg8700
cellphoneguy

May 15, 2009, 9:28 AM
Sounds like a master reset would do the trick.
chillyH2O

May 15, 2009, 9:37 PM
any idea where i might find instructions for a master reset?
Cugino

May 16, 2009, 10:12 AM
What kind of phone is it? Most phones you would just go to settings and tools/phone settings/security/master reset. Some other phones you can erase all the contacts while on the contact list. they have an erase all option. If that doesn't help, you can always got to the phone manufacture's website and read the manual.
Dollgrin

Jul 20, 2009, 9:16 AM
take it to your carrier and they should be able to hard reset your phone for you to make sure there is no private information on the phone. Some PDA's have a "clear" function that will wipe everything from the phone, but its better to be safe than sorry!
andy2373

May 15, 2009, 2:18 PM
You have to search for the programing codes. I just did it recently but not so recently to remember what they were.
But once you find it you can change your number and ID to all zeros then the phone will revert to saying "initial programing required." at least that's what mine did.
Also your account should be in good standing or else whoever buys it won't be able to activate it.
FrankOMCGee

May 15, 2009, 3:47 PM
mite try ##626# works alot of alltel phones. could be diffrent because some carriers are that way. (the code is for manuel programing)
ac4321

Jul 12, 2009, 10:56 PM
Call Verizon care and ask how to do a full reset.

For Sprint phone's it's an RTN reset done by keying ##786#/##rtn# then putting in the MSL when prompted. That will wipe all info, including provisioning info. I've not messed with Verizon phones, though, so a quick call to Verizon care should be able to help.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.