Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Bluetooth connection

geribwi

Jan 4, 2009, 11:36 PM
I can't get my new Storm to connect to the Bluetooth in my 2008 Audi TT. The phone finds the Audi bluetooth when I search, but when I type in the code provided by Audi, it can't connect. I've also tried the universal code (0000) & it doesn't work either.

Has anyone found a way around this?
reason.voice

Jan 5, 2009, 3:02 PM
Does it connect to other BT accessories?

Also might not hurt to call the Audi dealer's service department. They might know something. Might.
geribwi

Jan 5, 2009, 5:51 PM
It connected successfully with my 2004 Lexus. I didn't think the Audi TT would be a problem because it is a 2008. I've talked to service at Audi & to Verizon tech support. Tech support says the hardware is all there; it just doesn't have the proper key to complete the connection.
reason.voice

Jan 5, 2009, 5:56 PM
Sounds like Audi needs to figure out what key the TT is looking for, to me. I have no clue if that is something they can do with their dealership equipment, or if they can do a hard-reset of some sort on the hardware already in the car to reset everything.

Definitely sounds like a frustrating gremlin to get fixed! Maybe try pairing your car with someone else's phone and make sure that the car consistently denies the connection. Then you can even prove it to any of the service techs at the dealership; odds are one of them will happen to have a BT phone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.