Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 10 replies

REAL cameraphone Xenon flash

Jeremyakabob

Dec 8, 2008, 4:14 PM
For crying out loud, am I the only person that thinks any camera phone that says "flash" should be actual Real Xenon flash? I'm sick of every flippin time I ask a customer service representative or retail sales person, they have no clue when I say Xenon. Who buys a 8.0 megapixel camera phone when your only hope for any kind of flash is an LED light? Nobody takes pictures indoors anymore? or in front of a sunset? or perhaps just anywhere that happens to not have a accessive amount of powerful light; and even then would you happen to hold your camera still enough for the image not to blur a bit? Oh! perhaps you bought an 8.0 megapixel camera phone with "image stabalization" or some sort of anti-shake technology. Well then, that fixes the blurr...
(continues)
IrishCarBomb

Dec 9, 2008, 3:22 PM
I think you need to keep in mind that you are looking at phones, not cameras...

That being said, yes, it would be lovely to have a Xenon flash, but those take up a lot of juice! Battery life already sucks enough on these phones, wouldn't want to make it any worse. Most LEDs seem to do just fine and are bright enough! Actually, I have issues with my LED flash being too bright on my BB at times...

The only real benefit of Xenon flashes is the fact it covers more of the color spectrum, so you end up with better color representation out of the flash itself. Personally, I'm not looking for professional grade photography out of my cell phone, I'm looking for convenience.

If you want those great pictures, get a great camera! Thats wha...
(continues)
Jeremyakabob

Dec 9, 2008, 5:38 PM
I highly beg to differ. Having a camera on a BlackBerry (business phone) is a convenience. We have many category of phones that are more specific to having uses other than just "phone with random conveniences" i.e. Music Phones/Camera Phones/Talk&Text phones/Web&email phones/Business phones. Having decent quality picture output on a "camera phone" of which brags a whopping 8 megapixels, with specific lense description, and others such as "Smart contrast" and "Face detection"; I better be getting good quality pictures for a "camera phone" that costs me within the ranges of 500+ U.S.D. Otherwise I'd just grab somebody elses super tiny and old recycled phone for free, because it's just a "phone for making calls". It's making phone calls th...
(continues)
IrishCarBomb

Dec 9, 2008, 6:49 PM
Re-read what I said, since you misquote me too many times to believe you read for comprehension.
ajlineman

Dec 9, 2008, 9:28 PM
Do you just love ranting and raving? I must say that these two posts are probably close to the longest I've seen on PS, especially for not copy-pasting information from something like a news artical.
In reguards to your post however I find it astounding that you can't make due with and LED flash and though yes they've made the technology for the Xenon, LED is kind of a standard in the wireless world, and very few other people complain about it. Is it at all possible that you've just had a bad experience with one phone?
If LED flash was as horrible as you say I'm assuming more people would be complaining about it, and wireless manufactorers would be making whatever changes accordingly.
Now look what ya did... ya got me leaving a post nearl...
(continues)
Jrockemsockem

Dec 10, 2008, 11:02 AM
Im gonna wait for the paperback to come out before i read all of this.. geezzz... 😛
Rich Brome

Dec 18, 2008, 7:31 PM
These phones have a xenon flash:

Motorola ZINE ZN5
Nokia 6220 Classic
Nokia N82
Sony Ericsson K850
Sony Ericsson C905

As for phones with an LED flash, there are huge differences among them. Some have small white LEDs, some have much larger, brighter ones. Some have two large, bright LEDs.

Xenon is almost always brighter and therefore preferable, but the best LED flashes are many times brighter than the worst ones. If you haven't actually tried the best, you might not appreciate how close to xenon a good pair of LEDs can be.
jeffatt

Dec 19, 2008, 6:38 PM
Jeremyakabob said:
I'm a man's man.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

a whiny rant like that about something so petty and you're "a man's man"? I don't think so.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 20, 2008, 9:32 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
taoareyou

Dec 20, 2008, 3:56 PM
I wonder if Nikon, Olympus and Cannon have to deal with people ranting that their cameras don't get a good enough signal or drop calls all the time.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 20, 2008, 3:58 PM
LOL! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.