Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

HTC Touch Pro and Micro SDHC

KittyCOW

Dec 8, 2008, 2:00 PM
i am looking at the specs now on HTC.com website and it is saying that the HTC touch pro is compatible with microSD cards, does that mean it can also run SDHC? and if not is it possible to find a Micro SD card for more than 2 gig? it also says its capable of a 32gig card or am i just completely wrong on all of this???!!

From the website(www.htc.com):
Expansion Slot microSD┞¢ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
Saint.Patrick

Dec 8, 2008, 2:13 PM
4GB microSD cards and larger are SDHC ones. The HTC Touch Pro supports both and up to 16GB.
KittyCOW

Dec 8, 2008, 2:34 PM
so if i got a 8gb san disk Micro SDHC it would work?? it does not have to be only SD
Saint.Patrick

Dec 9, 2008, 4:03 PM
As long as it is the microSD form factor, it will work KittyCOW.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 9, 2008, 3:11 PM
SD 2.0= SDHC

SD 2.0 is the software version that allows SDHC cards to be read and rewritten. It is also reverse compatible, so any regular microSD cards will work with it as well.

The phone is already written to support up to 32gb according to HTC, but nobody can really test that yet since there are very few 32gb cards floating around... You will be just fine with a 16gb or smaller, and when 32gb become available and affordable, that should work too.

And FYI, WinMo phones can have a .cad file loaded and executed that converts them over to SD 2.0 compatible if they aren't already. Check out XDA-developers and do a search for it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.