Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 9 replies

HTC FUZE Wired Review

Maarek

Dec 4, 2008, 11:00 AM
Wired, one of my favorite Magazines reviewed the HTC FUZE and gave it a below par for their review. Since I don't have $399 to spend on an unlocked G1 from T-Mobile, this phone is my 2nd choice ($249 at LetsTalk).

Their main discussion is the slowness of the phone blaming Microsoft's mobile OS. I'm wondering if anyone who owns this phone does find it a bit slower than the Tilt or other Windows Mobile phones? ๐Ÿ˜•
Maarek

Dec 4, 2008, 11:00 AM
JonHalpin

Dec 4, 2008, 12:33 PM
With Touchflo3D Turned on it runs about the same as the Tilt and with TF3D off it definitely runs faster. I switched from the Tilt when the Fuze came out and wouldn't even consider switching back to it. The Fuze has a better keyboard feel to it. The web browser on the Fuze (Opera) is much better than Explorer
although I'd still recommend trying out Skyfire's browser.
Maarek

Dec 4, 2008, 1:25 PM
Thanks for the update. It's not like any mobile phone is running a multi-core processor like PCs. I just wanted to be reassured that I wouldn't regret buying this phone.
Truancy

Dec 21, 2008, 2:19 PM
I love this phone!!! I had the 8125 and 8525. Is there any way to reassign the PTT button. I don't have the need for this feature but would like to use it for another function
ajlineman

Dec 4, 2008, 2:49 PM
Wait a minute here. Someone is blaming the slowness of a phone on a MICROSOFT OS system? I won't lie and say I'm the foremost expert in wireless OS systems but would MICROSOFT of all people even release a product if it was going to SLOW a phone down? Common... this is one of the largest companies out there for software... and I know for a FACT that they take a lot of pride in their work. I'm curious who was bold enough to make such a claim.
It is arguable that the Microsoft OS might or might not be the best out there... but to say its slowing a phone down is questionable.
Am I wrong?
ElTriste

Dec 4, 2008, 7:19 PM
Yes. As the operating system gets more advanced, it requires much more memory to do what it needs to do. If you've used th fuze/pro you'd see why. Even with all of the applications off, it's still using 50% of the available ram in the back-running OS alone. Now, granted, if a phone had 512 megs of ram, or even a gig, it would run QUITE a bit better. The processor in the fuze is in the 600mhz range (and I'm sure there's an app to overclock like the palms have) but there's still that lack of memory. Is it microsofts fault? yes and no. Win-mo still runs a registry, and if I'm not mistaken (and please correct me if I am) but the mobile version of windows are just very watered down versions of the regular operating system. Which is designed for p...
(continues)
JonHalpin

Dec 5, 2008, 9:32 AM
If your Fuze is running at 50% memory just on the OS alone, there is something wrong with your Fuze. It should run at 34%-36% on average. It sounds like you have installed programs on to the phone memory instead of onto a storage card. If you install everything to the storage card you will never have any memory issues with most WM devices.
ElTriste

Dec 5, 2008, 9:26 PM
it's our unlock demo. we havn't added any 3rd party apps ๐Ÿคจ
Fredd

Jan 2, 2009, 4:30 PM
The demo I had over Christmas weekend was also extremely slow, and was using a lot of memory - from looking one of the other posts to this question, it may be the TouchFlo combined with WIndows Mobile. I have also had a BBB Bold demo - now THAT baby rocks!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.