Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 13 replies

seeking a new phone

phoneseeker

Nov 1, 2008, 6:02 AM
I seek a new cell phone with the following characteristics:
Calendar function
Contact function with the ability to synch with Outlook contacts (I have many)
speakerphone
Larger keys for easier dialing
unintentional dialing avoidance (a flip phone?)
I'd like to be able to use with one hand

Can you suggest a phone?
phoneseeker

Nov 2, 2008, 8:38 AM
I have been to the site you referenced. It doea not offer a solution which is what prompted me to do the post
ajlineman

Nov 11, 2008, 7:51 PM
Check out the LG CU515
VERY basic phone that's a little more "new age" since some of the orginal flip phones, but won't cost as much as the other newer phones. I havn't had any personal experience but I've heard its one of the easiest phones to navigate and operate while still being able to do most up to date functions.
JesusSaves

Nov 3, 2008, 8:31 AM
Taken from the Sprint Website

With the touch of a finger, check your work and personal email, surf the web on the 2.8" touch-screen and access your personal photos, videos and music

Windows® Mobile 6.1

TouchFLO┞¢ 3D gives you one-touch finger or stylus access to the web, TV, e-mail, messages, contacts, photos and music the second you pick up your phone...and you experience it all in vivid 3D.

Wireless Email-Corporate & Personal
Outlook email with Microsoft Direct Push Technology and HTML support. Send and receive email from multiple corporate and personal email accounts. Also, get wireless email access to popular commercial POP3 and IMAP accounts like AOL, Gmail, Earthlink, and Yahoo!

Text, Pic and Video Messagi...
(continues)
Saint.Patrick

Nov 12, 2008, 1:52 PM
For $50 more, get the HTC Touch Pro.
ajlineman

Nov 28, 2008, 4:02 PM
His specifications included a calender and a flip phone guys... I'm guessing his desired phone isn't as spendy as the Diamond or Touch Pro.
Check out the Pantech Breeze. talk about big buttons... their HUGE.
LilSkillet

Dec 1, 2008, 7:33 PM
He said one handed. I know the Touch Diamond isn't great to use one-handed (I know I wouldn't want to), but if that feature is important to him, I'd have to go with the diamond.
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 13, 2008, 11:17 PM
BlackBerry Pearl.

Next...
ajlineman

Nov 13, 2008, 11:31 PM
lol why do you say the pearl over the curve?
I'll spare you and not bring up the Iphone...
Saint.Patrick

Nov 14, 2008, 12:28 AM
I too would go with the Curve. A full QWERTY style keyoard beats RIM's SureType any day of the week.
ajlineman

Dec 1, 2008, 4:27 PM
So very true
LilSkillet

Dec 1, 2008, 7:34 PM
not one-handed
ajlineman

Dec 1, 2008, 9:28 PM
It is if your talented like me. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.