Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

gps

malibudani

Oct 30, 2008, 3:16 PM
I'm kinda new to all the latest tech....was wondering if the navigation feature on cell phones compares to a nav system in a car, say for example onstar? Is it reasonably priced from the major cell providers? What should I watch for? What should I stay away from? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.....
Jrockemsockem

Oct 30, 2008, 3:20 PM
Ive got AT&T and the GPS on my phone works great. Shows were you are on the road in real time- no lag. You can search for just about anything by voice or typing it and will give you directions from were you are at. Plus your able to use it anywhere not just in your car.
JesusSaves

Oct 31, 2008, 9:25 AM
works great as well. It even warns you if you are within like a mile of an accident or bottleneck and reroutes you around it automatically. In the voice thing you can tell it like gas station by price (it brings up a list of the lowest priced gas stations) and then it has several options. Call, drive to, etc. This is the same if you look up for restaurants, Churches, etc. With Sprint it comes free with the Simply Everything plan at $99.99 (There are cheaper plans with it too)
howardk111

Nov 3, 2008, 11:36 AM
You do have to keep in mind, though, that a cellphone nav system only works where you can obtain a cellphone signal. I took a vacation two months ago to Olympic National Park in Washington and to Vancouver, B.C. Before leaving, I checked with Verizon and was told that a cellphone signal is spotty in the Park and that VZ Navigator would not work at all in Canada. Accordingly, I opted for a portable GPS unit that works off of satellites and it served me well.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.