Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Blackberry Pearl VS. Blackberry Curve

iski2fast

Oct 8, 2008, 1:04 PM
Which phone is better? why would i buy one over the other? Does one phone come with more applications than the other? wihich apps for which phone? Any other advice/info on phones is welcome... Alltel is the carrier but not worried about info on carrier just info on the equipment. Thanks all who respond!!
Happy Selling!!
IrishCarBomb

Oct 8, 2008, 5:16 PM
They are pretty much the exact same thing with a few notable differences...

The Pearl has a partial qwerty keyboard with predictive text, the Curve has a full qwerty keyboard.

The Pearl is smaller, about the size of an average phone, where as the Curve is a little wider. I have held both, own a Pearl, and can tell you that the Pearl feels just right, and the Curve feels pretty good too, but someone that owns one would be able to tell you better on that. The Curve also has a larger screen and larger battery life that comes with the larger size, both major pros IMO.

Application wise, they are both pretty much the same, and can run the same applications. The only real difference is that when it comes to themes and wallpapers, they u...
(continues)
dshearn

Oct 11, 2008, 3:47 PM
the new pearls operate as fast as the curves? (internal ram??)

I THINK i know my 8830 was faster then my orginal pearl(8100)

IT sure seemed it was faster, but i was going from slow ass t-mobile edge to evdo.

I KNOW for a fact that the 8330 runs much much smoother then my 8830. I think it has more operating RAM.

So the new pearls, they run as fast as the 8330s??

That would be awsome....
dshearn

Oct 11, 2008, 3:52 PM
jusr looked it up....

The pearl has the same amount as the 8830 , and they are both behind the Curve in RAM.

I am shocked that the pearls have GPS now too...man what an awsome little phone.

that pearl is a little power house. Hell they are going for 49 dollars here with a new contract....
will I am1980

Oct 11, 2008, 7:32 PM
well a big difference is the curve can do standard pic texting and the pearl requires it be sent in email form.
IrishCarBomb

Oct 13, 2008, 5:07 PM
I have an 8110, and it flies! I can MMS just fine with it too, but I can't through IM chats... grrr, although I'm told if I put the picture on my phone's memory I can, but I haven't tried yet since it doesn't really mean much too me, and I hate having to defrag the little buggard to reclaim all that wasted RAM.
IrishCarBomb

Oct 13, 2008, 5:29 PM
All three of those should have the same internal RAM of 64mb...

At least my companies line up of 8110, 8310, 8820 has all three at the same RAM... as does the specs on this web site, and a couple others I checked. As for processor, they all have the same one of that too. At least that is what the Blackberry rep told me, and the data sheets we have on our phones says they all run at 312 mhz...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.