Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Unocked Phones?? CDMA

dshearn

Oct 4, 2008, 9:51 AM
If any one has a few mins to exlpain something to me, i would appricate it.

I am new to this industry, But as i understand it, a CDMA phone can be "set up" to work on a diffrent system.

I work at a CDMA retialer(reginal), I have spoken with people in the store about buying a HTC pro when they come out.

I was told it would not work with out the proper software loaded on to the phone. When i pressed for a more detailed anwser, they ran out of information.

We have a very strong network in the south, infact we have OTHER carriers like Sprint and Altel that set the phones up to Tune in to our Towers for customers that can not get coverage in key locations.

So my quesiton is, knowing that other carriers can set their phones...
(continues)
Cellinovation

Oct 4, 2008, 2:44 PM
CDMA phones are a little more complicated than that. You have to have the phone set up to properly accept the signals coming from the carrier both for Data, and voice. Some ROM for phones like the pro will require tayloring to another carriers backend servers. (IE Verizon,s Vcast services, Alltel's Access services, Sprint's Vision) The phone will need to be subsidy locked to the network to make sure you are getting the PRL from the proper carriers. You need to get the PRL for your carrier initially loaded into the phone so it uses your carrier towers first.
^^ When you manage all of the above the phone should function, but there is no guarantee that all services will work as they should.
dshearn

Oct 4, 2008, 4:53 PM
ah....thanks for the information!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.