Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Blackberry 8350i

spidermanroach

Sep 11, 2008, 8:39 PM
What is everybody's thoughts on this phone? I think it is great because I have the old piece of crap 7100i. I will probably wait to see how it is with everybody.
ac4321

Sep 11, 2008, 10:11 PM
Meh. It's just an iDEN Curve. For those with a 7100i, it's a godsend. For everyone else,it would have been a lot better to have made the Sprint Curve have CDMA Direct Connect. That said, if I had to use Direct Connect I'd much rather use RIM product than a Motorola product.
derosa0128

Sep 30, 2008, 10:07 PM
I think it will be the greatest phone ever put out. But when is it coming out that is the only problem. I hear Oct Nov and December.
mist668

Oct 1, 2008, 1:50 PM
My biggest reason I moved away from iden was because of the lack in phones. Their slowly coming back.
Basic3

Nov 7, 2008, 8:32 AM
Most common misconception of IDEN is that fewer people remember how it was originally used. For businesses like contracting, engineering, constuction. Any company that had employees in the field that needed instant and on demand connections. People looking for cute phones and who uses Push to talk should stick with the CDMA network.

I see more and more of the trend of customers going with a carrier because they have the 'cool looking phones' not because their network is most reliable or has the widest area of coverage.

Once the i8350 is available through my companies Vendor, I will be switching. It's not glittery, it's not flashy, it's a phone, with some of the most popular features available. I get awesome reception at home and work ...
(continues)
schoust

Nov 18, 2008, 4:44 PM
Question for you Basic3 since you seem to know about this phone is it capable of VPN connection?? I will also need the ability to remote desktop once into my Companies Network?? I am a Verizon customer and there phones are questionable at this point but I'm not a big phone guy so I could be wrong on that one??????
Basic3

Dec 2, 2008, 3:19 PM
wow, sorry I didn't answer, I haven't been on forums lately.

No, IDEN is too slow for a VPN. Basically, any connection will be the speed of a 14.4 modem so VPN is pretty much impossible.

I'd reccomend a reliable CDMA phone with really good reception and reliability. In other words. Unless you get MAX bars, ALL the time. Forget about VPN with cellular
ac4321

Dec 3, 2008, 9:54 PM
Basic3 said:
Wifi is going to allow me to take a call and use the data feature. CDMA can't do that.

Sure it can. It's disabled on most non-PDAs, but it's not limited in any way since it's CDMA. Some phones you can use the MSL to go in and change it to allow calls while in a data connections. Most PDAs, again, let you do it out of the box.
Saint.Patrick

Nov 7, 2008, 9:34 PM
http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=12714 ... »

says it all people. iDEN is here to stay. No matter who else comes to the table with a Push to X Solution, Sprint will reign king of the castle. Yes, the WiDEN data session connection speeds may not be that of 1xEV-DO Rev 0/A or 1xRTT for that matter, but if you look at the core groups who use Push to X solutions, they for the most part need instantaneous communications and possibely a LBS solution.
The New ATnT Wireless

Nov 8, 2008, 10:29 AM
suck my Verizon. 😁
cellphonesaretools

Nov 9, 2008, 1:03 AM
Wow! You represent the ATT customer base so eloquently. Your few words say so much about you...
Saint.Patrick

Nov 9, 2008, 3:01 PM
The New ATnT Wireless is on yet another raycarroll70 hunt... 🙄
llama

Nov 9, 2008, 6:10 PM
No one has to hunt for you. You make it known you are here.
andy2373

Nov 9, 2008, 2:09 AM
If you have a EVPdisount login the 8350i is available for pre-order at $150 for a 2 year contract.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.