Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Sprint airave battery drain

petem97149

Sep 5, 2008, 8:03 AM
Has anyone experienced battery drain while using Spring's Airave?

Any solutions?

One explanation I've read is that a phone with a data plan continually cycles between the nearest cell tower (for data) and the Airave unit (for phone coverage).

This appears to make sense since my wife's Katana DLX experiences no battery drain (no data plan and data is disabled), and my Sanyo Pro 700 experiences complete battery drain in about three hours.

Any thoughts?
Basic3

Sep 5, 2008, 11:07 AM
I was just at a Sprint NDC Kick off seminar featuring the Sanyo Pros. They didn't even mention Airave.

Since the Pro 700 standard battery has a 5 hour battery life, a three hour drain is pretty significant.

I'm waiting for our Sprint Rep to email me the pretty glossy step by step pages they used in the Powerpoint presentation they showed us. I can't remember if they mentioned a power save mode.
southwestcomm

Sep 5, 2008, 7:03 PM
Are you using the NDC feature of the Pro 700? That requires EVDO Rev A which explains why it will be trying to locate the tower. The Airave only provides cellular service.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.