Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 8 replies

TRACKBALL FOR THE BLACKBERRY CURVE

PPOOPP3

Aug 9, 2008, 12:37 PM
I CAN ROLL IT UP BUT NOT DOWNWARDS. WHAT CAN I DO BEFORE TAKING IT TO THE STORE FOR REPAIR
crackberry

Aug 9, 2008, 1:24 PM
PPOOPP3 said:
I CAN ROLL IT UP BUT NOT DOWNWARDS. WHAT CAN I DO BEFORE TAKING IT TO THE STORE FOR REPAIR

while the phone is powered on, take the back off and take the battery out. put the battery back in and power it up and see what happens
aayih

Aug 9, 2008, 2:26 PM
๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคค โ˜น๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜ข ๐Ÿคญ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜• ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜‰
lowtechlou

Aug 11, 2008, 10:39 AM
$45. + TAX

CELLULAR RENEWAL
llama

Aug 12, 2008, 6:55 PM
I replaced mine for like $15 buck from someplace off of crackberry.com. There is actually a video there of how to do it.
j.rankin

Aug 13, 2008, 1:43 PM
I have actually found that applying a lot of pressure to the trackball while moving it in any direction losens the caked on dirt down under. Think of it as an old trackball mouse, they just need cleaned every once in a while.

*note* not too much pressure, you dont want to break it. just enough that you can tell its catching on something.
thiscurveismine

Aug 17, 2008, 5:06 PM
you can also use a razor blade, knife, staple remover etc (an object like this) to remove the silver piece around your trackball which will allow you to remove the track ball itself to clean it... I have found that a qtip or cotton ball with rubbing alcohol work the best for this.
Manofaddiction

Aug 25, 2008, 7:24 PM
This is what I usually do about once a week. I will use an alcohol prep pad (like for when you get a shot)... and just lay that flat, roll the trackball (after its been removed from the phone) all over and around on the alcohol pad and that seems to clean it off pretty well... also as a maitenance in between cleanings, turn the phone upside-down and move the trackball in as many directions as you can, this helps to loosen and break up the dust, dirt, and oils that will naturally collect.
jerry 12

Aug 25, 2008, 10:27 PM
PPOOPP3 said:

take a can of compressed air and blow around the tract ball as you roll it and you can also take a Q-tip and put a little alcohol on the tip and roll the ball around in different directions.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.