Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Sprint Phone Upgrade - Looking for Advice

cellularly_confused

Jul 15, 2008, 11:16 AM
New to the boards so hope this is in the correct forum. I am looking to upgrade my current Sprint phone and I cannot find anything that meets all of my needs(wants). I am on a family share Sprint plan and will be keeping the carrier service so I am only looking at Sprint phones.

My needs are pretty basic
1) good reception
2) decent battery life
3) durability

I have looked at the Sanyo Katana series and they seem to have the reception and battery but when holding them in the store it feels like a good sneeze could break them in half. Also, don't like the idea of the internal antennae being located at very bottom of phone where I will unavoidably cover it up when talking .

I have looked at the Samsung M20. It has some nice feat...
(continues)
motogpfan

Jul 16, 2008, 7:59 AM
The Sanyo Scp-7050 sounds like it would be perfect for you. I think it was recently discontinued, but can be found on e-bay. Maybe some sprint stores may still have it. The phone was built to rugged specs (like I530) and it got great reviews.
Jorin

Jul 17, 2008, 3:10 AM
Ok, as far as the signal goes, you're right to stick with Sanyo.
Very soon on the horizon if you decide you want to go with a full feature phone, you'll be looking for the Pro 800 or the Katana Eclipse (Full specs TBD, but they look higher end). If the Pro 800 is anything similar in design to the recently launched 200 and 700 you shouldn't have too much of a problem with durability. The 800 isn't going to be rubberized, but it looks solid. On that note, if you didn't want to wait for a higher end phone, just go pick up a Pro 200 or 700 (same phone really, 700 is just rubberized).
And last but not least if you want to risk it... the Motorola V950 (CDMA) looks like its going to be Sprint's only option for high end features in a rugged design...
(continues)
kellycoil

Aug 14, 2008, 1:45 PM
I think that you should maybe consider the sanyo pro 700 series phone. It is a sprint phone that gives you the direct connect capabilities. I have activated alot of them and the battery life is good and the ruggedness of the phone is good. Just a thought:-)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.