Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 11 replies

unlockable?

Jebus

Jun 16, 2008, 3:08 AM
does anyone know if helio phones can be unlocked and if so, is there a way to use them on verizon or sprint networks. also does anyone know if other phones from sprint and verizon can be used on helio's network? i really like sprint's rumor and more so than the ocean. thanks ya'll!
cellfiend

Jun 17, 2008, 4:31 PM
No. CMDA phones can't be unlocked. Sprint, Verizon, Helio are out of the loop. Only rare exception is when they have GSM as well...which the rumor doesn't.
Bozothecellguy

Jun 18, 2008, 11:02 AM
Yes cdma phones CAN be unlocked. Sprint and verizon will NOT unlock competitor phones because of policy, but most 3rd party dealers know how to unlock phones.
cellfiend

Jun 19, 2008, 4:56 PM
No. They can't. Sprint and Verizon phones are hardwired for individual spectrums which will only work with their respective carrier.

For example you want to unlock the lg voyager (verizon) and use it on sprint. Not possible. Incompatible.

Phones with GSM included are excluded but for gsm carriers. Not CDMA.
cellfiend

Jun 19, 2008, 5:02 PM
Alright I'm a third party dealer. Tell me how to unlock a verizon phone for sprint or vise versa. Tell me the exact steps.
Bozothecellguy

Jun 20, 2008, 4:28 PM
i don't know the specific steps for sprint and verizon, but i work for pocket which is a cdma carrier and we unlock their phones all the time.
cellfiend

Jun 20, 2008, 5:14 PM
Bozothecellguy said:
i don't know the specific steps for sprint and verizon, but i work for pocket which is a cdma carrier and we unlock their phones all the time.

I've been working here for roughly 1.5 years and my understanding has always been you can't unlock cdma phones. Upon your comments I've done further research and it seems some phones can be unlocked but not carrier specific phones. Another words there's no way to unlock the voyager to use on sprint. Also some features become disabled.

Now how this is done is beyond me..because everyone who claims they know how to do it, work for a company that does it, or know someone who does it all the time - won't answer me.

I find it strange that for...
(continues)
Bozothecellguy

Jun 21, 2008, 7:36 AM
our company uses a program called houdini, you can go to houdinisoft.com to find more info. even carrier specific phones can be unlocked. true, at the moment you cannot get on the web or send and recieve mms messages, but the programmer of houdini (son-in-law of POCKET communications' owner) is working on this.
Bozothecellguy

Jun 21, 2008, 7:52 AM
i have looked at the list of the phones that are shown at houdinisoft.com, and from personal experience using this program, i find that it is an incomplete listing.

from what i have read on houdinisoft.com and from some of the third party dealers for POCKET Smart Wireless have told me, it actually isn't as expensive as most people would expect. We at POCKET flash phones for $25, and some of our dealers charge up to $50.
Bozothecellguy

Jun 20, 2008, 4:30 PM
there is also a website that claims they can unlock cdma phones for any network, i don't remember the site offhand, but i'll post it when i get home and away from this firewall.
Bozothecellguy

Jun 18, 2008, 11:00 AM
ALL cdma phones can be unlocked. we unlock phones everyday here at POCKET.
Bozothecellguy

Jun 18, 2008, 11:40 AM
unlocking cdma phones is that ATM you can only use voice services. you can send and recieve text, and phone calls, but data services are restricted. No internet option is available with any cdma flashing services that i know of. and most flashing services that are out there also have not unlocked mms services.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.