Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

where do you...

jaknoz

May 3, 2008, 11:34 AM
find ringtones and mp3s to make into ringtones? I have found various sites to make them (supposedly for free) but am wondering if there is an easier way. Verizon charges a small fortune for a simple ringtone. Where can I find free MP3's (or cheap MP3's that I can turn into ringtones? I used to use ITUNES but apparently those cannot be converted ...uugghh!
fb3media

May 3, 2008, 2:04 PM
this is a "general" forum question...but to answer your question so this doesnt happen again....www.myxertone.com....yes its free...
NorCal23

May 3, 2008, 6:46 PM
Try www.mbuzzy.com too. I still use that from time to time.
ihateeverything

May 4, 2008, 5:33 PM
splice a 30 second of less sample and either put it on the memory card or send it to yournumber@vzw.net or .com whatever it is then save as ring tone..you can also put it on with a program called bitpim and a usb cable
happygirl314

May 5, 2008, 12:01 PM
Free ringtones can be found on www.myxertones.com... You pick the ringtone, tell them what kind of phone you have, and it's send to you in the form of a text message and you have to save it to your phone as a ringtone or sound. For some reason, I've only seen it work on Verizon phones though. Some of the ringtones have kind of crappy sound quality, but if you want to make your own you can load a song from your computer onto the site and create your own tone.
markphotog

May 17, 2008, 12:50 PM
If you had a Motorola phone, they have a CD with a program called "phone tools". You can take any MP3 - and edit a portion of your choice for a ring tone. It is great; I select my favorite part of songs, maybe the intro, or just the guitar solo....... way cool....
(any questions, message me)
Sliznut

Jun 3, 2008, 11:39 PM
That's because iTunes is extremely proprietary. I found a cheap program at Best Buy for audio editing. It lets you edit like crazy but you can also chop a clip out of a song to convert to what can be a ringtone. I can't remember the name of the program but it was only like 10 bucks. It's way easier if you have a PDA or Blackberry because you can use any mp3 as a tone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.