Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

If one get poor reception ???

Bubey

Mar 8, 2008, 12:00 AM
If one get poor reception is it the phone or the carrier? I have to go outside on my patio to use my cell phone, both sending and receiving. It works much better when I'm in a major town. Any suggestions?
Wireless Gnome

Mar 8, 2008, 3:31 PM
I'd suggest purchasing a femtocell for your home provided your wireless carrier supports one.
Hombre07

Mar 9, 2008, 2:16 PM
If it works better in a larger city it is likely the carrier itself. If you phone gets bad reception everywhere it's the phone, but if it varies it's the carrier.
Michael Winters

Mar 9, 2008, 2:59 PM
i agree, check first if you're getting a good signal in a major city or on your current location maybe the reason was the things around you or its just the carrier... 🤤
Bubey

Mar 10, 2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks guys for the info. I thought it was the carrier too, but was hoping someone had another thought that would solve the problem. I goggled the "femtocell" and it costs $477, don't have that kind of money to
spend on something that the carrier should be
providing when they sell lousy signals. Guess I'll just have to keep going out on the patio. At least I live in Florida so it's usually warm and I've got cover when it rains. Just when it does get cold it's no fun.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.