Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 10 replies

What tools are needed to unlock phones?

samt2345

Feb 24, 2008, 3:49 PM
I plan on opening up a cell phone shop soon and want to be able to unlock phones.. can someone assist me on what tools i would need and where i would get it. i want to unlock gsm cell phones. blackberry, htc, samsung,iphone, ect.. i was browsing on ebay and just got my blackberry unlocked by just sending my imei number and got the unlock code the next day. i would like to do the same. can someone please help. thanks
sbishop

Feb 29, 2008, 6:28 PM
You can use generic unlock codes such as 1234,0000, or the last 4 digits of the phone number. There are also machines that can unlock phones but i would have no idea on how to get ahold of one. In the end though. you could temporarily change the phone number. When you do that the unlock code it automatically reset the last 4 digits of the phone number.
Hombre07

Feb 29, 2008, 8:02 PM
He doesn't mean an unlock security code. He means subsidiary unlock.

As far as how it's done, I have no idea.
I AM GOD

Apr 10, 2008, 7:41 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about.
icyhandlz

Mar 11, 2008, 2:15 PM
You can either unlock them by brute force and actually take the carrier lock off the software, or it is done via an algorithm when you send in the imei. Each make/carrier has their own algorithm to how the unlock code is figured. Not sure where you could "buy" that knowledge. Good luck
motoguy75

Mar 30, 2008, 2:03 PM
gsmhacks.com there is a link to another site that actually sells unlocking tools
kbock

Apr 10, 2008, 7:39 PM
I work for a CDMA network, so I'm not sure about GSM phones... But as far as the company I'm with, we use a program called Houdini.

It takes like 5 minutes to unlock the phone. Very handy. I suggest you check them out.

www.houdinisoft.com
ihateeverything

Apr 10, 2008, 7:45 PM
Can you give me more info on what you will be doing to open up your own indirect cell phone shop? Really interested.
I AM GOD

Apr 10, 2008, 7:52 PM
Apparently it's not that hard. We should really open up shop.
mjc2006

Apr 21, 2008, 2:19 PM
Take a look at this site. You can unlock GSM phones for AT&T, T-Mobile, or any other GSM network. You can also unlock phones by manufacturer. I have used it a lot...

http://www.gsmliberty.net/ »
anti787

Apr 29, 2008, 6:44 PM
For MSL you need a program getkey hispanic sites (particulary from mexico).
They know a lot of this bcs the take our phones to mexico and unlock them with their carriers.
do you speak spanish ?? LOL

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.