Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 9 replies

is there a gsm phone with voip as a dual mode?

doly

Dec 30, 2004, 2:10 PM
i am looking for manufacturers that have the ability to develop that kind of product.
Rich Brome

Dec 31, 2004, 2:11 AM
What kind of VoIP?

VoIP is a very broad category that includes many different specific technologies...
doly

Dec 31, 2004, 8:13 AM
a dual mode phone with the ability to use voice over the internet through a voip carrier(vonage,net to phone) using the wireless wi-fi 802.11 networks that are spreading rapidly in airports,mals etc.
Rich Brome

Jan 3, 2005, 1:02 AM
There is Skype for Pocket PC... It should be compatible with any Windows Mobile Pocket PC PDA-phone with wi-fi. Here is a list:

https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/finder_results.php ... »
sacornel

May 4, 2007, 9:38 PM
Dlink is coming out with a dual mode phone soon. It was suppose to be out Q1 2007, but that hasn't happened. It's called V-click. I've heard of another one from parawireless called hipi-2300. Neither of these have made it to the market place yet. I contacted both companies and they are still in the testing phase.
phonehore

May 5, 2007, 4:24 PM
man if you get a smart phone, you know? windows mobile phone with the lastest verison 5.0 or just released 6.0 you can download "skype" to it for VOip. It works great! of course you'll pay their cheapy prices but it works!!! thats whats great about windows mobile devices, tons and tons like over 3,000 application software can be loaded and used!! but i love my blackberry, so i'm not getting one, but i sell them all day!!!
NoanswersonlyQs

May 7, 2007, 2:37 PM
Belkin has a product out that is designed to use skype as well... its a little pricey though
sherpa guide

Nov 2, 2007, 10:32 PM
Try looking at the carrier voitel. You can find them at www.markeetamerica.com/age
jas259871

Dec 31, 2004, 9:41 PM
you can use the sx66 for cingular in conjuntion with skype software to do voip cinguar net wirk uses voip already in there network
katrina

May 25, 2007, 1:51 PM
FWIW T-Mobile is testing (and probably soon releasing) their UMA service where you get a phone directly from t-mobile that auto-switches between GSM and WiFi, but it only works with T-Mobile service (but no skype or vonage needed). I think Nokia and Samsung are making phones for it.

See:

http://www.theonlyphoneyouneed.com/ »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.