Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Best of the Best

zhilchuk

Aug 17, 2007, 9:25 AM
okay this is kind of a fun question. in your opinin, which phone(past or present) has the strongest signal/reception for each of the major carriers? juding only by that indicator

T-MO/voicestream

ATT (old and new)

Verizon

Sprint
goodbyejack

Aug 17, 2007, 9:50 AM
That is easily a matter of opinion

AT&T - Nokia 6010

That is the only company I am really familiar with. 😁
zhilchuk

Aug 17, 2007, 11:25 AM
uum i would have to say no. wether or not a person likes the phone color, style, and form factor are matters of opinion. Signal strength is another story. it either is or isn't. no one can say "my opinion is the signal is strong on this phone" it either is or isn't
Lapdog

Aug 18, 2007, 2:54 PM
are, to my understanding, simply a mathmatical algorithm used to indicate signal...4 bars on one hadset may equal 2 on another...they are helpful, but with digital signal, you either have it or you don't...not like old analog...
NecrisHacker

Aug 18, 2007, 8:45 PM
🤣 I thought JB was dead. Good to see you freshen up your gravatar from time to time.
verizon2007

Sep 9, 2007, 8:55 PM
at Verizon.....they have the same reception, you are paying for the bells and whistle the phone does, not for better reception, and you have 30 days to return phone if it doesnt wk out for you.
MOTQ

Oct 10, 2007, 4:45 PM
Not necissarily true...

At least 3 factors are involved.

The RF power of the handset and operating frequency of the system (CDMA vs PCS vs GSM)

The system load at the given time of the test (coverage areas will shrink under heavy loads)

The Terrain and weather conditions at the time of test.

Traditionally Qualcomm chips found in LG and UTstarcomm phones will have less total RF power, but a better ability to grab a signal that has deviated from its centering frequecy. Moto and Samsung are products that are better (generally) in weak EC/Inot conditions, but not so much with an 'out of tune' system...

of course these are stereotypes, but they are generalities that tend to be accurate.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.