Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Bar Phones vs clam shells

esketores

Jun 28, 2007, 6:28 AM
Am I the only person in the world (OK the USA) who is basically forced into purchasing a bar style phone?
Surely there are more than just a few of us who cannot have a camera phone, don't care or need a mp3 player, but want a high quality "phone" with bluetoooth and a phone book.
A Sanyo 7050 in bar style would make me have to go and spend $$$ on a new phone.
loveface1106

Jun 28, 2007, 9:16 AM
IDK I prefer clam shells only because I end up pressing alot of buttom accidentally. I know there is a wonderful thing called a keypad lock. But I hate going through all that. Granted I don't really need a camera because I carry my Nikon S9 ALOT! (Unfortunately today I didn't) I don't need an MP3 player cause I only really listen to music in the car with my husband.

But why are you "forced" to by a bar style phone? I would think you would have the option of either bar style or clam shell.
esketores

Jun 28, 2007, 1:28 PM
👀 🙄 🤭
Too bad errors cannot be corrected after the fact.
I meant to say "forced to buy a clam shell style phone".
Sorry folks.
🤭
dave73

Jun 29, 2007, 4:42 AM
The closest you'll get to a bar style phone are the slider phones, and those even come with cameras on some of them. I forgot which Nokia GSM bar style phone had a camera on it, but even bar style phones aren't even immune from having cameras on them anymore.
Zanarkin

Jul 2, 2007, 4:49 PM
With Tmobile, there are bar style in camera and non camera styles.
xyzpdq123456

Jul 3, 2007, 11:50 AM
Well I hate flip phones too! I have had a few flip phones, but for the most part they just annoyed me. I currently have a sliver and I love it, ya keypad lock might be a pain in the butt for about a day but now i dont even realize how much i do it, on my old nokia 6235i, i would do it all the time, and i did not even realize it
raika2

Jul 10, 2007, 4:42 AM
I agree. Most bar style phones have camera's on them that can range from 1.3 to 3.2 mp. Try it out!
Apart from that, they usually come equipped with anything and everything to keep up with the latest technology. No need in getting the whole package!

If you need more help let me know.
Jorin

Jul 4, 2007, 4:09 PM
You know what the hardest part about owning a flip phone is? Telling your father you're gay.

But seriously how, when and why did the universe become obsessed with this flipping action!?!?!?
Thats why I purchased the Treo 700p with Sprint for myself, and (since she's the same way) the UpStage (it rocks) for my wife.
coziamnumber1

Jul 10, 2007, 10:33 AM
Sprint does need to add some bar phones to their lineup, they discontinued all the older ones and that leaves the upchuck and the motoSUKR
jrfdsf

Jul 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
To each his own, but personally, I prefer flip phones.

My reasons for disliking bar phones:

#1. Too long. Flip phones fold up into a more convenient size, making them easier to carry.

#2. External keypad. Much too easy to accidentally press the keypad when you're in close proximity to a wall or furniture, and using the keypad lock is a hassle, and too easy to forget to set.

#3. Smaller bar phones don't work well in noisy environments. Since the mike on these things must work from a distance, they generally tend to pick up a lot more background noise as well, making ultra private conversations (i.e. whispering) much more difficult.

#4. Much easier to "hang up" by closing the flip as opposed to looking for the end key on a bar ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.