Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

CDMA Flashing

singularityq

Oct 20, 2004, 10:52 AM
someone anyone please respond w/ any info on reprogramming/ flashing specifiacally for any cdma smartphone đŸ˜ŗ . i need to desperate leave Verizon, or any info where i can buy a unprogrammed phone (no carrier software).
CDGIII

Oct 21, 2004, 2:59 PM
Most phones, especially smart phones, have code that is a mix between call processing, and UI. You cannot separate the two. The only way to get a VZW phone reprogrammed for another carrier is to have the manufacturer (or a store rep capable of doing software downloads), do a full calibration backup and attempt to load over the new carrier's software. You run a HIGH risk of "bricking" the phone (where the phone becomes as useful as a brick).
singularityq

Oct 21, 2004, 3:02 PM
☚ī¸ even ones as simple as palm 4.1 OS? đŸ˜ŗ Kyo 7135? Do you know of any others capable of supporting plain HTML? 😕
CDGIII

Oct 21, 2004, 3:19 PM
Unfortunately, no i don't. Sorry.
singularityq

Oct 21, 2004, 3:24 PM
thanx đŸ˜ĸ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.