Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

cell phone education

syncmaster

Sep 26, 2004, 4:00 PM
I am in the market for a camera phone ~ I don't really know a lot about the specifics of some of the features ~ I really like the nokia 7610 and the koi ~ I have been told no less than a mega pixel ~ OK I get that ~ but can you explain amps and cdma ~ do I need both and can I get mp3 downloads with just high speed data and not the mp3 option ? EMS picture messaging ??? worth it ?? should it be included ? any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. I have a phone currently, contract is up and can be renewed at any time ~ I am also being very patient and would like to make an educated decision rather than a hasty one just to have a phone.
Rich Brome

Sep 29, 2004, 10:30 PM
When it comes to camera phones, I wouldn't agree with "no less than a mega pixel". There are some VGA camera phones that produce much better photos than some megapixel ones. While megapixel vs. VGA plays a role, overall camera quality can sometimes be more important.

And either way, there aren't any camera phones available yet that come close to replacing a regular digital camera in terms of quality. Even with megapixel, camera phones are still only good for those spontaneous photos you wouldn't take otherwise.

You only need AMPS if you need coverage in the boonies. AMPS is what kicks in when you're away from populated areas and major highways. It also sounds bad, doesn't work with features like text/photo messaging, and sucks battery ...
(continues)
petlover1

Jun 3, 2006, 11:32 PM
I have a question myself about the EMS. With my current provider verizon, they say this allows the user to send longer text messages that is longer than the 160 characters normally allowed. Other carriers also offer EMS does any carrier that offers it also allow the longer text msg or is this just unique to verizon? I have read other definitions for EMS like allows larger storage for messages? I use text messages quite a bit and don't like to send one topic continued in 2 or 3 separate messages so I am concerned if I were to switch to cingular for example would it mean no more longer text messages? 😕

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.