Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 5 replies

T Mobile, data only plan with Blackberry, $29.99, 1 year, OR?

barbgoldman

Feb 5, 2007, 12:39 AM
I'm locked into Verizon with 3 phones on a family plan for at least 9 months. I need to receive email while I'm out. I was thinking of keeping my Verizon cell and adding the T-Mobile 'data only' plan for 1 year. If I want to add data to my Verizon plan now I have to sign on for another 2 years and since their plan is expensive, I want to try another carrier. Any other suggestions?
T-MoTucson

Feb 5, 2007, 12:09 PM
My Friend,

I have a verizon phone and a blackberry through T-Mobile. the data rates for T-Mo are awesome, especially if you are going to be traveling overseas. The service itself is great! I can't wait to move my phone number over to my blackberry (I currently have voice on the BB, but it is another #). The voice part works great as well. I have used the BB7105t, 8700g, and 8100 Pearl. I loved all of them, but the Pearl has been my favorite. So go for it!
barbgoldman

Feb 5, 2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks! People tell me I"m crazy to have 2 carriers. I'm going to Europe for a couple of weeks so I'm wondering if I can turn on the phone for a trial. I love the size of the pearl, but don't you find the blackberry better for email?
T-MoTucson

Feb 5, 2007, 12:46 PM
You do have a 14 day trial period, but I don't know how long you will be gone. The cool thing is that for an additional $20/month you can have unlimited email overseas. NO CHARGE PER KILOBYTE! You can add and remove this feature as much as you want without effecting the contract date.

The PEARL is also a BlackBerry. I actually like the size of it and i like the buttons better. the buttons on the 8700g are so small i would double hit them often. the kepboard on the PEARL has larger buttons and has suretype. the suretype allows the device to figure out what you are writing based on the possibilities of what you are typing. it is fantastic! I can type almost as fast on my PEARL as on my computer!

let me know what you do!
barbgoldman

Feb 5, 2007, 3:35 PM
You've convinced me, along with a friend who also has just left Verizon. I just ordered the White Pearl with a data only plan and a 1 year contract.
Thanks for your help!
barbgoldman

Feb 15, 2007, 8:51 PM
Thank you T-MoTucson. I've had my Blackberry Pearl for about a week and love it! You were right about the typing on it being easier than it looks. I'm glad that I still have Verizon for phone though because T-Mobile receiption isn't great.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.