Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Cell-Landphone interface?

londawg

Dec 17, 2003, 8:34 AM
Hey,
I heard there's a device that will allow you to receive a cell phone call through your home phones without actually needing a land line at that location? Is this true? If so, who sells this device and is it dependant on a particular carrier?

Thanks....
Myth

Dec 17, 2003, 11:10 AM
londawg said:
Hey,
I heard there's a device that will allow you to receive a cell phone call through your home phones without actually needing a land line at that location? Is this true? If so, who sells this device and is it dependant on a particular carrier?

Thanks....

Well, if you're talking about the Cingular FastForward device, it does require you to have a landline for your home phone.

It is a charger with a little bit of programming. Drop in your phone, and it triggers call forwarding to whatever line you're designated. If you have the associated feature on your plan, calls forwarded in that manner do not use your minutes. Requires Cingular sevice, and a $39.99 FastForward device ap...
(continues)
londawg

Dec 17, 2003, 12:00 PM
Myth.....

Thanks, yes, that's it!
I'll be attending CES again this year and I'd like to see if anyone out there has an idea to make it possible to route my cell phone calls to my home phones without a land line.Some kind of VoIP interface, I think the convenience of having phones throughout the house is better than keeping my cell phone strapped to my side and having separate numbers to give out, also paying Sprint $100.00 to connect my service at my new home is ridiculous. I'd hate to go completely wireless but I'm seriously considering it.
I prefer the sound quality of a land line. So I guess for now I'll have to pay ☚ī¸

....Lonnie
Myth

Dec 17, 2003, 6:05 PM
londawg said:
Myth.....

Thanks, yes, that's it!
I'll be attending CES again this year and I'd like to see if anyone out there has an idea to make it possible to route my cell phone calls to my home phones without a land line.

This is the second time you have mentioned that "without a landline" bit. How can you have a home phone without a landline?

The FastForward option would use text-message bandwidth to send a message to the Cingular network, which then forwards the call through landlines to your preselected phone. I suppose that could be a different cell phone, but fail to see the advantage in that. (Unless you have Nextel, with those "free incoming" minutes...)
londawg

Dec 17, 2003, 10:55 PM
Myth....

Goto www.cellsocket.com maybe you'll under stand better what I mean. 😉

Perfect idea for someone who doesn't want to search the house for their cell phone.

....Lonnie
Rich Brome

Dec 17, 2003, 12:31 PM
Yes - "VoxLink" and "CellSocket" are two such devices. Google for it.
londawg

Dec 17, 2003, 5:40 PM
Thanks Rich!!!

CellSocket.com Perfect! Just what I was looking for, I knew there had to be a product out there. Awesome.....

Thanks again, Lonnie
Rich Brome

Dec 17, 2003, 7:26 PM
No problem - glad I could help! 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.