Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 11 replies

New Verizon plans?

justiny

Nov 29, 2003, 11:04 PM
With Sprint (nights starting at 7pm) and Tmobile (free calling on Friday and weekends) announcing holiday deals, does anyone know if Verizon will announce any deals on their individual plans?
Verizon1

Nov 30, 2003, 5:40 PM
Verizon does not have any future plans of changing the promos that are currently in place. Those are simple ploys to bring people in. When it comes down to it, people want service and that is what Verizon does best.
mcfadonna

Dec 1, 2003, 10:45 PM
🤣 keep telling yourself that! 🤣
DReese

Dec 4, 2003, 3:15 PM
😎 oh - talk about promotions - Verizon doesn't charge for an activation fee on 2 yr agreements - where the "others" do. Verizon also includes mobile to mobile on there plans where as the others charge extra for it - above all, VZ'S minute packages are generous. So, if calling @ 7pm (while the network is at it's busiest) is your idea of a promotion, go ahead. Again, service is what VZ is about - not gimicks
jacksdad27

Dec 4, 2003, 6:35 PM
Excellent post!!!!!

DReese said:
😎 oh - talk about promotions - Verizon doesn't charge for an activation fee on 2 yr agreements - where the "others" do. Verizon also includes mobile to mobile on there plans where as the others charge extra for it - above all, VZ'S minute packages are generous. So, if calling @ 7pm (while the network is at it's busiest) is your idea of a promotion, go ahead. Again, service is what VZ is about - not gimicks

😁 😁
justiny

Dec 4, 2003, 7:57 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I was just curious to see if Verizon would offer any "gimicks" in the wake of the portability act. But, considering that Verizon is getting a lot of business from the act, I don't see why they would have to sweeten some of their basic options like anytime minutes and nights and wknds. Though it would be nice if they did 🙂
Chila

Dec 4, 2003, 11:31 PM
Verizon also does not charge a fee for the porting for number, other carriers do. 😕
rigidchassis

Dec 6, 2003, 8:05 PM
cingular doesn't charge to port either 🙂
vega

Dec 8, 2003, 8:40 PM
DReese said:

just thought i'd point out that the company im w/ (attws) includes 1000m2m and waived the sos fee w/ the 2yr agree. they also provide me with a lot more anytime than verizon at the same price. i'm sure other company's also offer similiar incentives for 2yr agreements... which leaves veri...
(continues)
Skins56

Dec 10, 2003, 12:03 PM
Different companies work better for different people. I would suggest picking the company you trust to complete your call and not pay attention to what promotions they offer. Verizon Wireless has the best coverage of any carrier out there. But there are some areas that they do not have the best coverage. But if you want the best coverage for the US Verizon Wireless is the best.
theLGman

Dec 1, 2003, 11:38 PM
Verizon will definitely not be changing their Nights & Weekends start time in the near future. Studies have shown that peak airtime usage occurs between 6 and 8 and trickles off at about 9pm. With this in mind, it is not economical to shorten the starting time. As far as other promos go, they will not be changing for the rest of the year.
dasiygirl2267

Dec 5, 2003, 1:30 PM
being a verizon csr my self i agree w/ your view how ever we did just initiate new min plans effective the 3rd of nov that where we used to cap our allowance min at 3500 we now offer 5500 min just in time for those who need that many min i however have yet to get a cust to request that amt of min yes other carriors may give you unl min for a price not nice on the wallet but you get what you pay for right i for one am happy w/ simple ordinary 300 min w/ 2 lines it works for me and so far that is all i need the 5500 min which i assume is mostly going to be requested by business users no ordinary users i will keep us all updated as i find new info if someone doesnt beet me to the punch lol

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.