Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 18 replies

has anybody fully completed a number port?

sas13

Dec 2, 2003, 9:51 AM
i am tired of the baloney from the carriers. its the blame game now. every carrier blaming the other carrier for port issues. LNP is the biggest hoax on dealers ever!
Big Daddy

Dec 2, 2003, 10:03 AM
that is all I am getting, everyone is blaming it on us
sas13

Dec 2, 2003, 11:53 AM
US is an all encompassing word. If you take all the propaganda put out be the carriers about how the process would work, and the fact of 2-7 million changes expected along with maybe 80,000 changes and all the carrier systems going down and unable to handle, it makes me wonder. They delayed it for as long as possible so they could lock up all the customers. i am curious, Big Daddy, which carrier you are affiliated with and if you are aware of any fully completed ports?
Big Daddy

Dec 2, 2003, 1:41 PM
I am with ATTWS and they are taking forever
cellphfrk

Dec 2, 2003, 4:21 PM
😳
I have had nothing but whinney people calling me about LNP and I don't fault them! What do you think of nec 525?
Big Poppa

Dec 2, 2003, 4:29 PM
Thats why, your with ATTWS. they are like the only company not useing the same 3rd party company that routes all the information from one carrier to the next. I work at the welcome call dept for VZW, and I have talked to many people who have successfully ported from other companies.. the only ones seeming to have trouble are ones porting from ATTWS..

Another thing to that is causeing unsuccessful ports is not giving the New service provide the EXACT account information from the OLD service provider. Like Misspelling the address, SS#, using the full words Street or Drive, instead on the Abreviation St, or Dr. If the information the NEW service provide asks for isnt EXACT then it will get hung up in the systems.
sas13

Dec 2, 2003, 4:37 PM
hey big poppa, what are you a mouthpiece for the carriers? tell me something i dont know. I REPEAT: has anybody fully completed a port.
cellphfrk

Dec 2, 2003, 7:24 PM
😉

Hey Big poppa....reality is that all carriers are having a difficult time so stop making verizon look all perfect because this is affecting everyone...not just attws.
batterysaver

Dec 2, 2003, 9:23 PM
I did one the very first day it took almost 48 hours to complete a port from Sprint to ATTWS.
Big Poppa

Dec 3, 2003, 9:22 AM
And if you read my post I said YES! I have seen many successful ports go through. And if I remember correctly within a couple hours of coming into work on Nov 24th we were sent an email saying that we had sucessfully ported in over 900 customers.
sas13

Dec 3, 2003, 9:48 AM
LNP is as bunch of baloney, all carriers blaming the other carriers for the holdup. yeah maybe you completed a port in but that customer very likely is stillnot recieving calls to thier new phone, only having outgoing from new phone. all you guys are sitting in an office somewhere not on the front lines with the customers. stop believing all the propaganda put out by the carriers and experience what is really going on!!
Skins56

Dec 3, 2003, 3:53 PM
Sounds like someone is a little bitter. LNP is very new and is the biggest technical challenge any carrier has faced. Like anything else it will take time for it to smooth out. For anyone who is having trouble be patient and persistent your number will be ported.
Big Poppa

Dec 4, 2003, 11:38 AM
You know, you need to lighten up.. did mommy not give you your bottle this morning.. Like any new thing it is going to have bugs it that are going to take some time working out. It's an industry wide problem right now.. I have seen many successfull port coming in, that only had mixed service for a few hours.. A lot of the problems are coming from AT&T, Cingular, and Nextel.. Everyone else seem to be porting in or out from everyone else just fine. AT&T's problem is they are using a seperate NPAC that everyone else. Verizon is offering customers who are having a delay problem a $25 service credit to thier new Verizon account, which should MORE than cover a couple days of charges being on two carriers.
Skins56

Dec 4, 2003, 1:09 PM
You seem to know an awful lot about LNP? The issue being experienced are really the fault of the FCC for setting unrealistic expectations for the early going. They had people thinking this would be the no problem and it would move like clock work.
Big Poppa

Dec 5, 2003, 12:51 PM
LNP is not new!! The carriers have had over 6 years to get the **** up and running, but everyone was delaying it. Even Verizon.. But when Verizon realized it was inevitable, they jumped on the bandwagon and got this stuff working before anyone else. Verizon even built a whole call center DEDICATED to LNP in Murfreesboro, TN which is like 30 minutes from me. This stuff is in no way the FCC fault. they have given the carrier MORE than enough time to complete this crap. Right now the main company slowing LNP down is AT&T who insist on using a different company to transfer the information from one carrier to another.
Skins56

Dec 5, 2003, 1:19 PM
I do realize that the carriers have had the time. But why did the FCC give consumers and unrealistic time frame when it first started.

It may not be new to the telecommunications industry as a whole but it is new to the cellular industry. If you were a business would you want to loose leverage like keeping a number?
Big Poppa

Dec 7, 2003, 12:21 AM
If I was running a GOOD company and knew how to keep my customers happy, I wouldnt have to worry..
Rigby9091

Dec 19, 2003, 3:05 AM
Every company is having problems, SOME companies that have crappy 15 day buyer's remorse period are purposely delaying port in's just so customer's can't cancel. The biggest problem is that LNP is new, using technology that has had very limited testing, if people would calm down and wait a month or so it'll eventually smooth out, but already it's getting better.
cellphfrk

Dec 2, 2003, 7:26 PM
besides...i don't work for attws, i work for VERIZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.