Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 20 replies

my opinon

johnstonhurd

Nov 25, 2003, 1:10 PM
🙂 I have my own opinion on all that is going on in the wireless world. at&t and sprint are going to lose big time. cingular will stay stagnant. t-mobile and verizon will become winners. at&t and cingular will merge to try to catch up. sprint will keep on falling 😁
dasiygirl2267

Nov 25, 2003, 2:24 PM
😁 I completely agree w/ the verizon winning issue I am a verizon csr I take calls all day dealing w/ cust concerns about the serv they get and the quality of the signial they are gettign Yea a lot complain about the equip but most juat dont know how to use the phone primarly new cellular users just joining the high tech world we at verizon do stand by our customers and the quality of the cust serv you recieve when and if you need to call in 😁
johnstonhurd

Nov 25, 2003, 2:31 PM
😎 I don't think Verizon has the best phones, but the reason why they would win is because of the a mazing coverage. t-mobilw will be right behind them soon. just look at there plans un believable. 😛
dasiygirl2267

Nov 25, 2003, 3:09 PM
🙂 I do agree w/he equip issue due to the fact that the equip may need a little tweaking here and there but when its right its right but don't blame verizon on the equip we don't make the equip we just sell it on the other hand the serv reception is outright the best coverage around try cricket it is basically a western NY comp w/ extremely poor coverage i my self find there plans good but not great {unl local and 500 long distance } for a small fee but that stinks when we include the ld in the nat wide plans and give excellent coverage do some research get maps together of all the cellular comp and look at dig coverage verizon is 95-99 % coverage of the us t-mobile is very poor cingular is also poor and cricket is the worst
johnstonhurd

Nov 26, 2003, 7:31 PM
it is verizon's fault that their equipment sucks. they pick it out. Yes they do have good coverage. T-mobile is great in the cities and the major interstates and they are getting better all the time. One day i won't doubt it if they are right behind verizon or maybe better. 😲
Godzzzilla

Nov 25, 2003, 3:15 PM
I agree with johnstonhurd 100%, attws has been taking a beating. Their csr are okay, it's their policy's is their down fall.
Verizon is my first choice, all the other carriers would be tied for last.
I have ATTWS, the only reason I stay with them at this time is my resume has an ATTWS number. I'm not in top metro area, so when I get my new job (ATTWS contract expired way back) ATTWS is history.
dasiygirl2267

Nov 25, 2003, 3:40 PM
🙄 I never said any one is wrong in their opinion I just though that since I am a csr that id put my .02 in hey I'm no expert and I'm not saying that verizons equip is the best but if you want to talk about the problems fine i have my own problems when i first signed up w/ verizon almost 4 yrs ago in the first 15 days 1 had 5 phones changed out for my line alone due to problems w/ equip first phone was getting hot second same thing 3rd phone froze up until i removed the battery 4th was same thing but finally got a phone that worked don't feel bad I'm not saying that I'm a perfect example but i try to tell the truth thats all i want . 🙂
Godzzzilla

Nov 25, 2003, 6:36 PM
I understand that no carrier is perfect, but some carriers have less complaints than others. From the forums I have read, sprint and ATTWS have a lot of unhappy customers.
But there are probably a lot of people who see the other side of the coin.
wb

Nov 25, 2003, 11:52 PM
Only the long run will show us any results. If we are to go by the first day's activities I would have to say that Verizon and Nextel are the winners with T-Mobile playing second fiddle and AT&T left eating dust with Cingular.

This is like watching a horse race. I do not think that anyone has any questions about Verizon being favored to win. GSM was prematurely forced on the public.

There is plenty of room to question if the large gains and change overs will occur. But the week is still young. Once all the LNP bugs have been worked out there may be a larger migration. The real migrations will occur when contracts end.
FoxFire

Nov 26, 2003, 7:32 PM
Well Said,( Gainesville, Fl)
johnstonhurd

Nov 28, 2003, 9:37 PM
😁 Speaking the truth
Verizon has everything going for them. They just need to pick a better selection of phones. I'm not saying they are a bad carrier, they just need better phones at a decent price. 🙂
johnstonhurd

Nov 26, 2003, 2:56 PM
😛 At&t has the worst customer service. Let me take that back. Sprint is worse. Verizon is amazing I just wish there plans were cheaper. 😎
golfather

Nov 26, 2003, 10:46 PM
our sprint store has hit over 30 activations each day this week. average acts per day before wlnp for our store this month was 18. most transfers are coming from verizon and t-mobile. if our customer service could get a clue, and they really need to, there would be no contest. our phones, plans, and options can't be touched!!! keep on hatin'
mcfadonna

Nov 27, 2003, 3:21 AM
Why for the love of God or money would i switch to verizon or any other carrier from Sprint? The phones are better, cs is improving, the plans are better, 7pm unlimited n/w, vision doesn't go against your minutes, great coverage if no sprint tower i digital roam off a verizon tower at NO CHARGE! unlimited pcs to pcs. Ptt is better than verizons and free with my plan, Service works the same wherever you go, 2000 anytime shared for $105, pictures included with vision, my buddy a verizon supervisor just bought a vm4500 cause he is tired of me showing him up with his funny looking pos LG. to repeat what golfather said keep hatin Sprint will just keep bringing the heat.
johnstonhurd

Nov 28, 2003, 2:05 PM
All I have to say is Sprint needs some help. The only thing they have going for them is there phones. There plans can easily be touched be everyone. Its a joke to get text messaging you have to pay $15. To get a hold of customer service get ready to sit down fo 30 minutes. They need alot of improvement 🤣 🤣 🤣
golfather

Nov 29, 2003, 1:19 AM
if all you do is text msg, all you have to pay is .02 cents a kilobyte. but if you want to surf the web without using your minutes, send unlimited pictures, send and recieve e-mails, then $15/month gets all of that as well as text msg. and $100 or higher plans get all of that for free. anyone with a family plan should easily be around $100 for 2 or more phones.

Options:

nationwide roaming free-$5...anywhere there is a cell tower in the country you can make a call for no charge.

7 pm n/w-$5

Push to Talk(2-way)+ vision service-$20

PCS-PCS calling UNLIMITED-$5

knowing you are getting the best deal, PRICELESS!!! (sorry, had to do it.)

the customer service is a joke. i deal with people misled by them daily. i can't stand...
(continues)
mcfadonna

Nov 29, 2003, 6:41 AM
The only thing that sprint needs help in is cs. Other than that i will put my plan and phone against your verizon/att plan any day!

$105 2000 anytime free&clear America
$5 7pm n/w
unlimited vision includes pictures and text
unlimited pcs to pcs
nation wide no ld or roaming charges
add a phone free
nation wide ready link free
free digital/anolog roam off any towers
free downloads on 3gupload
sanyo vm4500. not a pos lg or moto
🤣 🤣 🤣
mk

Nov 29, 2003, 3:13 PM
Your plan is worth diddly if you can't get reception. I can't tell you how many people in my company have Sprint - and we're talking all across the country - who complain about Sprint reception problems.

If you want plan features, stay with Sprint. If you want a phone you can actually use, go with Verizon.
Big Daddy

Nov 29, 2003, 4:03 PM
it all depends on your area. Sprint is great in some areas and crap in some, same as Verizon. it depends how many towers are located between your job and your house. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
mk

Nov 29, 2003, 5:25 PM
For the most part true, but it's well documented how much better Verizon is for coverage/reception nationwide. That may explain why Verizon was the big winner (at least so far) when number portability kicked in. They had by far the largest net increase in subscribers. Kind of tells you something.
mcfadonna

Nov 29, 2003, 5:57 PM
all i can say is im a truck driver and im all over the US and i havent been in a spot where i havent had a signal with my sanyo so that throws that " your plan doesnt mean any thing " out the window. Like i said i can digital roam off verizon towers at no charge. 😎

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.