http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=3&fi=538

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

Back to message list

Top message:  T62U *777* by wb   Oct 20, 2003, 6:28 PM

Replying to:  Re: T62U *777* by infiniverse   Oct 21, 2003, 1:13 AM

Re: T62U *777*

by wb    Oct 22, 2003, 9:14 PM

You are correct. This is a user issue. Nokia choose not to allow people to be able to manipulate their GAIT phone in this manner. Cingular is aware of the issue and post a comment that if you are not on their system for at least half your calls they will end your contract.
Neither Cingular nor AT&T have any obligation to support any problems you develop for manipulating the software. But it is not a grievous to them as someone unlocking the cell phone. (Unlocking seems to carry an implication of reverse engineering.)
The problem is that many users prefer to go beyond simply activating the network identifier, they want to turn off the SID/SOC restrictions. This may seem wise to the user, but the companies do not approve.

Personally, I do not recommend turning off SID/SOC. And I find the benefits dubious over resetting the protocol stack.
I posted this item because it's already out there, but the original poster forgot to post how to turn off these features. People who utilized the 777 option had no way to reverse what they had done.

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.