Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

T62U *777*

wb

Oct 20, 2003, 6:28 PM
An old tip in a new place. 😁

The Sony Ericsson GAIT phone, the T62U, can be adjusted a little by the user. Enter *777* and reboot your cell phone. When it comes back on it will show a letter for the system you are using (G=GSM, T=TDMA, A=AMPS).

You can now go to the menu>settings>networks and then change things like your Protocol Stack (for if you want your cell phone to seek GSM only, act as primarily a TDMA phone, etc...). Reboot phone for this to take effect.
You can also go to SID/SOC and disable this list, but that can get costly.

For disabling these features: Menu>Extras>Debug Tools>Advanced Debug>Off. Then reboot your phone.

The main reason for not resetting your Protocol stack is that it may bypass some fea...
(continues)
infiniverse

Oct 21, 2003, 1:13 AM
One caveat, however... I have heard that SonyEricsson has notified AT&T Wireless that entering this code will void the warranty.

From my contacts at AT&T Wireless, if you have any problems with this phone after entering the code listed, you may not be able to get assistance.
infiniverse

Oct 21, 2003, 1:13 AM
One caveat, however... I have heard that SonyEricsson has notified AT&T Wireless that entering this code will void the warranty.

From my contacts at AT&T Wireless, if you have any problems with this phone after entering the code listed, you may not be able to get assistance.
wb

Oct 22, 2003, 9:14 PM
You are correct. This is a user issue. Nokia choose not to allow people to be able to manipulate their GAIT phone in this manner. Cingular is aware of the issue and post a comment that if you are not on their system for at least half your calls they will end your contract.
Neither Cingular nor AT&T have any obligation to support any problems you develop for manipulating the software. But it is not a grievous to them as someone unlocking the cell phone. (Unlocking seems to carry an implication of reverse engineering.)
The problem is that many users prefer to go beyond simply activating the network identifier, they want to turn off the SID/SOC restrictions. This may seem wise to the user, but the companies do not approve.

Person...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.