Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Cingular BEST Phones???

Mendel

Mar 29, 2004, 1:29 AM
what are the top 3 phones for cingular? (as far as reception..)
taylor314kce

Mar 30, 2004, 5:11 PM
it depends on what you are looking for. Coverage area or quality of coverage area. Let me know
Mendel

Mar 30, 2004, 6:21 PM
taylor314kce said:
it depends on what you are looking for. Coverage area or quality of coverage area. Let me know

please explain????
(I would think quality..)

I need a phone that allways looks for service not like my 6200, which loses service , while in one place (in a low coverage area) and doesnt come back, untill I either go to a better area (even then, it takes time untill it registers) or if i power my phone off and on,

basicly it should allways look for service, and not go into a "rest mode"
dezi

Apr 5, 2004, 3:27 PM
Being a previous Cingular employee ( my husband was too) I would not reccommend using Cingular service to anyone. We had a total of 5 accounts with them (2 when hubby was in WA state, my 2 down here and then the 1 combined when he moved here). I made over 100 calls to customer service about inaccurate charges on all of the bills and none of the issues were EVER resolved. To keep our phones on we constatnly had to pay overcharged bills and the service we got was HORRIBLE. Cingular may some neat phones but I would NEVER suggest anyone go to them for service. The rate plans are too high, the service is awful and the additional features suck.
simplymarcus

Apr 5, 2004, 5:04 PM
I am a current cingular employee. I hate to here that you feel that way billing errors happen within cingular because of the billing system sucks and it will continue to suck until SBC lets cingular change it. Some CSR's suck that is true I am one i should know. But overall cingular is no worse than any other cellular company price wise service wise. People say Verizon is better maybe at billng but overall thats like being the best cell phone billing company is like being the number one student in a remedial class. Cingulars prices are competitve not trying to say they are the lowest but competitve. Cingular has improved within the last six months a lot of people got fired.
NeumZ

Apr 5, 2004, 11:25 PM
sounds like someone and their husband got fiiiired 🤣
phonesweetie

Apr 21, 2004, 1:23 AM
That's what I was thinking! I am a current Cingular employee too. I think that it is where you are. If you did work for Cingular, you would know that they have better coverage in some areas than in other areas, which is normal for any wireless company. If you have billing issues, take it up with customer service, or you can always stop using your phone so much!
Ronin1

Apr 24, 2004, 1:10 AM
Well, I hope that things are OK with Cingular as I am with AT&about to be Cingular.

I am wondering what your opinions might be about the best phones for use with Cingular though. I have very recently changed to the AT&T WS GSM plan and got a Sony Ericsson T616 which I have sort of mixed feelings about based upon the short time I have been using it.

Thanks!
CainMarko

Apr 27, 2004, 4:06 PM
You know, it's funny, you'd think that spending more money on a phone would get you better quality phone... but that's not always the case. Cingular's own testing concluded that the best performing phone on their network is the Nokia 3595. My wife and I both owned one and totally agree. It doesn't have a camera or play mp3's and the screen is kinda small, but it always works. Go figure. I now own a Nokia 3300 and it works fine as well. I had a Sony Ericsson t316 and i hated it. It had nice features but good luck making a call. I thought that maybe SE phones had probs on Cingular's network only but I've heard the same about Tmobile's and Att's as well.
jagger

Apr 6, 2004, 2:35 PM
If you're looking for the coolest Cingular phones with the most functionality and best coverage, I'd go with the Motorola V400 (or V600 when it comes out) or Nokia 3200.
muchdrama

Apr 6, 2004, 4:35 PM
I personally wouldn't go anywhere near the v series Motorolas from ANY carrier. The v400 has caused nothing but difficulties for Cingular customers down here in South Florida. Bad reception, horrendous build quality, buggy software (and man OH man, do I mean BUGGY), and just overall crappiness. Now...I've used the Nokia 3200, and for whatever reason it works great on Cigular's network. I couldn't recommend it more. Go for it.
phonesweetie

Apr 21, 2004, 1:24 AM
I agree. Motorola sucks. I think that Samsung has some great phones.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.