Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Cingular & AT&T???

Mendel

Mar 31, 2004, 3:15 AM
when is this going in front of stockholders?
and when is this going to the FCC?
callgirl

Apr 6, 2004, 4:34 PM
it's already approved. stocks will be bought back at 15.00 a share. fcc is ok to go. stockholders voted to give a bunch to charity, rather than reward the hard working employees who put up with all this mess. đź‘ż
muchdrama

Apr 6, 2004, 4:38 PM
Well, that's just rich schmuck republicans for you. They'll give to charity for a nice tax break, but screw the rest of you guys (and gals) that made them rich in the first place.
MW2

Apr 7, 2004, 4:31 PM
not to get into a political debate, but do you honestly think that the wealthy democrates wouldn't do the same.

sure..........
leaps19

Apr 15, 2004, 6:47 PM
I was told that the share holders meeting was pushed back to May from the original Jan date due to the merger talks, when at that point they will decide to sell the company or not. I don't know why they wouldn't considering the high premium they would be getting for their shares, but I work for AWS & this is the info I have been given. Who told you it was approoved by the way? It still has to go through the Justice dept & the FCC for approval after the shareholders decide what they will.
Myth

Apr 16, 2004, 12:23 PM
leaps19 said:
It still has to go through the Justice dept & the FCC for approval after the shareholders decide what they will.

Challenges to Cingular/AWS merger due May 3

by Jeffrey Silva
April 14, 2004 4:53 PM EST

WASHINGTON—The Federal Communications Commission set a May 3 deadline for challenges to Cingular Wireless L.L.C.’s $41 billion bid for AT&T Wireless Services Inc., a deal the two mobile-phone carriers want to wrap up by the end of the year.
Both the FCC and Justice Department are reviewing the proposed merger, which if approved, would enable Cingular Wireless—jointly owned by SBC Communications Inc. (60 percent) and BellSouth Corp. (40 percent)—to surpass Verizon Wireless as the nation’s ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.