Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Free Roaming?!?

JeeWiz

Dec 2, 2003, 11:19 AM
Someone told me that there are codes that can be entered for some carriers that disable roaming charges. Has anyone else heard of this? Is it true? Anyone have details?
rigidchassis

Dec 4, 2003, 3:49 AM
there are some codes, but they only allow you USE all carriers, but will charge roaming
Skins56

Dec 4, 2003, 12:29 PM
What carrier are you refering to? I work in the industry and the roaming is set up to where you can use anyone's tower as long as the technology is the same. If you are off the network in which you belong and you do not have a national plan you are billed roaming.
Mendel

Mar 25, 2004, 4:34 PM
is this the case with cingular???
ralph_on_me

Apr 15, 2004, 5:47 PM
Roaming costs are worked into the plan, and the only plan with unlimited roaming is the new GSM nation. All of the "codes" for roaming are provisioned on the cingular network and only serve to turn roaming functions on or off. There's no way to access them from your handset, and you can only get to them on a computer as a cingular employee
dtownsound8

Mar 28, 2004, 7:30 PM
well... working in the industry.. i can't concieve where you possibly got that info. You can't just roam on any tower that has the same technology. Company's have to set up roaming agreements with eachother.

Example: T-Mobile has roaming agreements with Cingular. That doesn't mean that a T-Mobile phone can roam on ALL of cingular's gsm towers. The roaming agreements are only for certain areas, thus a T-Mobile phone CANNOT roam on cingular gsm towers not included in the roaming agreements between the two companies, regardless of whether or not the technologies are the same.
Worf

Dec 7, 2003, 1:38 PM
Nextel phones do not roam, but they also won't work on another network. You can pay extra to have no roaming charges on your plan, but I don't see how a code in the phone will help you out.
moobak

Mar 25, 2004, 8:55 PM
This is quite amusing! 🤣
Thats a new one. Can see him calling his provider when he gets billed, "I PUT A CODE IN MY PHONE THAT STOPPED ROAMING WHY AM I CHARGED STILL!!!!" LOL.
Convergeeman

Mar 26, 2004, 4:27 PM
i really like to laugh at roaming
i can be anywhere in canada and all i have to pay is the ld thats it. NO RAOMING BWAHHAHA 😈 🤣
dtownsound8

Mar 28, 2004, 7:24 PM
you pay long distance??? 🤣 🤣
Convergeeman

Mar 29, 2004, 10:44 AM
ya id rather pay the 25cents ld instead of 80 or so centts roaming. but yea the only thing i dont like is my hca its like my county an thats it
dtownsound8

Mar 30, 2004, 10:21 AM
bummer...

I have T-mobile.. no long distance fees, no roaming, and it's nationwide
Convergeeman

Apr 3, 2004, 11:10 AM
boo hoo for you. my provinces cvg for wireless is about the size of all tmobiles coverage combined haha. tmobile sux 🤣
muchdrama

Mar 28, 2004, 2:45 PM
I believe those codes were last seen in "Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan"...Kirk used them to disable Khan's shields. ;)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.