Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

Motorola Nextel i365is

leogerard

Jul 12, 2012, 1:33 PM
Our company currently has approximately 50 of these phones that we use within local refineries. It is our understanding that the service thru Sprint will be discontinued in 2013.

Any one have any information about this. We have a substantial investment.
Captain Ahash

Jul 16, 2012, 8:01 PM
to contact Sprint directly regarding this question.
Rich Brome

Aug 13, 2012, 2:32 PM
That's essentially true. Sprint is winding down that network. Those phones will stop working in about a year.

Your new phones would offer the same PTT service, but on the CDMA network instead of the iDEN network.

As far as I know, Sprint has yet to announce any CDMA Direct Connect phones that are rated I.S. (and therefore suitable for a refinery.) You should contact Sprint to find out what replacement options they might be working on (but haven't announced) to fill your need.

Either way, Sprint will be contacting your company sooner or later to work out replacement phones. They won't be leaving customers stranded; there will be plenty of notice and special offers to upgrade.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.