Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

New Nokias Wednesday

Rich Brome

Nov 11, 2003, 12:19 AM
I predict that Nokia will announce a GSM PTT phone and the 3587i on Wednesday. 😉
klefevour

Nov 11, 2003, 10:44 AM
Is there any news about a possible release of the Nokia 7650 in the United States.
Rich Brome

Nov 11, 2003, 11:32 AM
7650? 😳 That is an OLD phone, man...

No way. Not unless they're introducing a new "Nokia Nostalgia" line. 😉

There could be a new Series 60 phone, and who knows what the form factor would be, but it wouldn't be a 7650 clone.
klefevour

Nov 14, 2003, 9:54 AM
I thought the 7650 is the one with the full lcd screen and the key pad that slides down from the back. Behind the key pad is the camera, am I wrong, is there any word on it coming to the US.
Thanks
Rich Brome

Nov 14, 2003, 11:30 AM
You're absolutely right, that's the one. But check out this press release, and check the date:

http://press.nokia.com/PR/200111/840889_5.html »

...it's been nearly two years since it was announced. In this industry, that's an eternity. Believe me, Nokia has moved on since then.

Now... it's possible that Nokia will release other slider-style phones in the future, and they certainly have additional Series 60 models planned...

But the 7650 specifically, is an old model - releasing a new version of it now would be a step backward. It's a good thing, because the 7650 was not a small phone - hopefully any new slider-style phones from Nokia would be much smaller.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.