Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

Motorola MPx (MPx300 ???)

JPurp

Mar 21, 2004, 8:26 PM
I was poking around and came across a site with a video that I think is the up and coming Motorola MPx300. It is just called the MPx. It is on a French web site and I don't speak French so I couldn't get all the details. I did use a web translator to view the page and got some of the details. Here is the link.
http://www.mobile-dreams.net/modules.php?name=News&f ... »
If there is someone out there who could translate that would be great.

There is also a link the the video.
http://cheminots06.free.fr/mpx.wmv »

The phone has a dual hinge that allows to open like a normal clamshell phone or to the side like a two-way pager. It has a combo keypad/keyboard. It is close to QWERTY but not quite. It also looks like it has a SD/MM...
(continues)
Sleeping

Mar 21, 2004, 10:23 PM
Darn firewall. Oh well, I only know minimal french. I think I read it at like a 6-year-olds level, if that :p

What is there to improve upon feature-wise on the MPx200? I've heard that it sometimes gets crappy signal, but that it has just about all the bells and whistles possible right now.
JPurp

Mar 22, 2004, 10:55 AM
I was able to get more info about the phone. It is a considerable improvement over the MPx200. Here are some of the new features;

Bluetooth
WiFi (802.11b)
64MB RAM (up from 32MB)
Dual hinge, opens clamshell AND landscape
touchscreen input
stylus input
QWERTY keyboard input
320x240 display (up from 176x220)

This looks like the hands down best up-and-coming phone/pda hybrid.

As far as I am concerned bye-bye iPaq hello MPx! 🙂
MW2

Mar 22, 2004, 3:32 PM
have you checked out the se p900, has similar specs and is already out and the best part it's not a moto nor ms.
JPurp

Mar 23, 2004, 7:35 PM
I see a few problems with the SE P900;

Symbian OS
No QWERTY keyboard
No WiFi

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.