Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 13 replies

iPhone 4S and 5?

Hombre07

Sep 20, 2011, 10:24 AM
Not that it means much, but one of our corporate guys sent an email indicating the 3GS was being phased out to make room for the 4S and 5. If anyone in my company would know, this guy would.

So perhaps Apple is going to sell both an iPhone 4S ($199?) and an iPhone 5 (OMG how much?) at the same time?

Anyone else heard anything similar?
Jellz

Sep 20, 2011, 11:29 AM
I really don't see why they'd release two new iPhones. The iPhone 4 could take the iPhone 3GS's place as the 'mid-range' iPhone, while the new iPhone could be the $199/$299 option. That's how I see it happening.
Hombre07

Sep 20, 2011, 11:39 AM
iPhone 4S = iPhone LTE and iPhone 5 = New design with LTE? Since Apple is greedy and now they might be a year ahead and won't be way behind when iPhone 5S/6 launches. They never have thought the way the rest of us have.
Jellz

Sep 20, 2011, 12:48 PM
Well, I'm not sure the next iPhone will have LTE. Keep in mind that AT&T has only said they're getting one LTE phone before year's end, and that distinction went to the HTC Vigor (I think that's the one... Holiday? Something like that. It's an HTC.).
Hombre07

Sep 20, 2011, 1:27 PM
I've heard one and I've heard at least one. Apple really needs to, by the time the life cycle ends and the next next iPhone comes out every manufacture will have multiple LTE phones. If not they will just be terribly behind.
PhoneScooper11

Sep 21, 2011, 3:55 PM
I have hear that actually Walmart has purchased partial rights to Apples iPhone capabilies...so for those of you who are familiar with Walmart's Straight Talk pay as you go phone service you will be pleased to hear that the iPhone will in fact be avaliable on the pay as you go program by purchasing the new plan card that will be made avaliable upon release of the iPhone5.
Hombre07

Sep 21, 2011, 4:54 PM
Who has straight talk and pays $600+ for the phone?
Lord Azrael

Sep 22, 2011, 7:08 AM
Don't ever underestimate the stupidity of the average American.
Jellz

Sep 22, 2011, 7:24 AM
That's what I was just thinking.
PhoneScooper11

Sep 22, 2011, 10:27 AM
I'm pretty sure that people would buy the iPhone5 for straight talk seeing how the nokia smartphone avaliable for straight talk is roughly $220 upon purchase and is nearly always sold out. Now if you were to take a phone with quadruple the capabilities and an already present huge customer base that the phone will sell. Part of being an American is buying things that you know you shouldn't or cant afford, welcome to the U S of A the land of the free and the home of the debt.
Hombre07

Sep 22, 2011, 11:13 AM
CNN has an article about Gore slipping in a recent speech.

"Not to mention the new iPhones coming out next month. That was a plug."

iPhone"s". Just sayin'
PhoneScooper11

Sep 22, 2011, 11:22 AM
Could possibly been interpreted as iPhone's?
Jellz

Sep 29, 2011, 8:11 AM
Or what may happen is they release an iPhone 4S/5 this October that isn't LTE, then do an LTE version later (iPhone 5/5S, depending on what they name the next one).
Jellz

Oct 5, 2011, 10:10 PM
Well, this can still be true. I nailed the first part (the iPhone 4S not having LTE).

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.