all discussions

show all 12 replies

Here's another one

hobble

Jun 4, 2011, 1:02 PM
Radio Shack going verizon exclusively?
FaeLynne

Jun 4, 2011, 1:16 PM
This one MIGHT be true. A good portion of the phones the Shack sells are Verizon, and I know there are phones meant for the Verizon network that I can ONLY get at RS, so it makes some sense, but IDK.
hobble

Jun 4, 2011, 1:57 PM
I just want it to be true so that when I get my verizon concession phone I can get one at radio shack with my super sweet discount like I can with atnt or sprint.
pickles

Jun 7, 2011, 11:37 PM
really? seems like they focus more on sprint, at least in the radioshacks here
hobble

Jun 8, 2011, 1:32 PM
They carry atnt and sprint currently.
FaeLynne

Jun 9, 2011, 3:32 PM
They carry all the major carriers, but at least here the majority of their profit comes from Verizon accounts.
temporary

Jun 15, 2011, 2:42 AM
I know RadioShack's business model very intimately, and I can assure you without a doubt that exclusively offering Verizon would severely cripple their business. Without releasing any details I'm not authorized to, can you offer me a reasonable justification as to why RS would do such a thing? Dropping AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile from their lineup and offering solely Verizon would have to at minimum exceed current sales figures (else why would RS go through such a lengthy and potentially costly conversion?). Do you genuinely believe this is a possibility? I eagerly await your justification.
hobble

Jun 15, 2011, 1:39 PM
I heard it from one of our verizon reps. So I have no basis beyond that. This is the place where we put rumors right?
temporary

Jun 15, 2011, 2:21 PM
Yeah, and I was just being antagonistic as I was on AfterScoop last night.
hobble

Jun 15, 2011, 2:51 PM
Well good for you.
temporary

Jun 15, 2011, 3:05 PM
RONERY...I'M SO RONERY...POOR RITTLE MREEEEE
hobble

Jun 16, 2011, 1:26 PM
Is that a rumor or the troof?
cellboothmgr

Jul 9, 2011, 11:07 PM
i sure hope so...radio shack is so terrible, why not make another stupid decision? their stock keeps dumping and they blame tmobile for their profit margins decreasing. guess what...when you dont sell resistors and ham radios...your margins will go down. these carriers need to realize radio shack and other national chains arent the way to sell phones anymore. i dont care if you work for radio shack somewhere in lala land where you think you sell 800 phones a month and provide excellent customer service and you make $150k a year...you dont

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.