Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 11 replies

DUDE WHERE IS MY PHONE?

chicago21

Mar 7, 2004, 4:40 PM
Lately i was interested how that Asurion Insurance with T-Mobile works.The Insurance itself is $3.99/month.It's $35 deductable (after 60 days) $70 b4.So lets say i have p900 phone with t-mobile, bought insurance on it and "accidentally" i lost it or something.Does it mean i can pay the $35 and get the new phone?
annetagonist

Mar 7, 2004, 5:56 PM
If you are talking about getting a brand new P900 for free, and still having a functional old one, you are out of luck. The way that the insurance is set up is like this: If you damage your phone, you send them the old one, they send you a refurbished model. If your phone is stolen, the IMEI number goes on a deny list so that the piece of equipment can never be activated on a service again. Then they send you a refurbished P900. In my experience, refurb equipment is nowhere near as good as brand new equipment.
Sleeping

Mar 7, 2004, 7:54 PM
You're half right. The original phone would have the IMEI put on a deny list so that a new service can't be officially activated with that phone, but there is no system set up to prevent anyone from just popping the SIM into the phone and using it from there. Even Europe, which has had GSM much longer than the US doesn't have a system like this.

But, yeah, you would get a refurbished phone, and might not even get a the same model if they don't happen to have any in stock. In all, its not worth it. Also, I think they require a police report on the lost phone or something like that... never had to use phone insurance before *shrug*
poohgirl

Mar 7, 2004, 11:16 PM
I had the insurance. Personally I think it's a ripoff. I dropped my phone & had it replaced...$3.99 a month per phone plus the $35 for the new phone. Received a refurbished phone & had nothing but problems. I ended up buying a phone from ebay & haven't had one problem with it.
jukebox2

Mar 8, 2004, 7:58 AM
If you are dealing with Asurion they are the worst. My phone was stolen and all I had was one bad experience after another. Solution was to by another phone. Do you hear me now, turns a deaf ear when it comes to Asurion.
poohgirl

Mar 8, 2004, 10:55 AM
I had Lockline through Sprint, but they service other cell phone companies. The problem I had was the phone. Sprint tried to help, but the phone was crap. Ebay was much easier...no more insurance for me. 😛
Big Poppa

Mar 8, 2004, 1:05 PM
Wut bad experience did you have?

If your phone is lost or stolen you need a police report.. if you cant get one, you need the following info.

Officers Name and Badge #
And the phone number of the precinct.
jukebox2

Mar 8, 2004, 3:04 PM
I gave them all that info, however the phone they sent me was broke. So instead of sending another phone, I was told we have to receive the broken one back then they will send out another. I am in a service business in the NY metro area, to say the least I am out of business without a source of communication, after explaining this to VZW they said they can't help me this is up to Asurion. My only solution was to buy another phone. Thats why I say Do you hear me now only hears what they want to hear.
vzw-girl

Mar 9, 2004, 2:05 PM
Actually, the phone insurance is there for your protection, if you elected to take it. It goes above and beyond the normal upgrade procedure for Verizon Wireless. What this means is you are protected even when not eligible to upgrade your phone at promotional pricing. Promotional pricing (sale price) is given on phones at certain tenure points. This means... it's not that VZW doesn't care. They're just abiding by the phone insurance program. You ALWAYS have the option to pay ''retail'' for a phone. Let's face it... our cable company is NOT going to just ''give'' you a television because it's broken. Same thing applies.

Hope this helps your understanding.

Have a nice day all!
jukebox2

Mar 9, 2004, 4:02 PM
I am aware of what the insurance was for, however I did not think it was for a broken phone. Since I would have to wait another week till Asurion receives the broken phone and sends me another ( hopefully one that works) I would be out of business. I purchased the insurance for that fact that in the event something happens to the phone I would be able to get a replacement that was equal, not inferior, being a T720 would be hard to do but they succeeded. The only help I received was from an independent retailer, which shows one thing something can be done if you want to, and in this case VZW took a complete hands off.
muchdrama

Mar 10, 2004, 11:55 AM
Well...in my case I always offer my company's extended warranty (at least to the people who admit they take care of their phones...we don't cover loss, theft or physical damage). Ours covers any kind of manufacturer or performance defect. You simply call the number on your receipt and they send you a NEW product usually within 24 hours of your call. Now...if your phone keeps getting run over by a Hummer or something, well...there's nothing we can do about that.
insurancerep

Mar 24, 2004, 6:46 AM
As an Asurion Insurance rep - it means that first, if the "loss" is within 60 days, you'd pay 75.00, not 35.00. Second, a police report is required, third, proof of ownership and photo ID is required, to specifically prevent "losses" like yours. That's called "INSURANCE FRAUD" in case you didn't know . . .

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.