Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 81 replies

Sprint is the worst cell company

Mastercell555

Feb 16, 2011, 9:09 PM
Sprint is the worst cell phone company in the industry shoot you cannot even buy a value meal with a share of their crappy stock.
nudecat

Feb 21, 2011, 4:37 PM
please place only rumors here and not facts, thank you very much. 😈
dj89

Feb 21, 2011, 4:38 PM
Somehow, Sprint dominates this particular forum.
bigdfan70

Feb 22, 2011, 9:38 AM
thats because sprint is taking verizon and att&t customers by the truck load everyday lol
cheaper better network common sence 🤣
dj89

Feb 22, 2011, 3:12 PM
The jury is still out on that "better network"...
olderthandirt

Mar 21, 2011, 4:27 PM
Jury not coming back soon either
dj89

Mar 21, 2011, 4:37 PM
As a matter of fact, the network has been starting to crash in certain places because a lot more people are connected with Sprint than the towers in those areas can handle.
Mastercell555

Feb 23, 2011, 3:53 PM
Better network LMAO I have had great service since switching to THE BIG V I travel a lot Since I have went to the BIG V I haven't dropped a call yet. I used to get 6-10 dropped calls a day with Sprint. 0 dropped calls with well you know who. I much rather pay more and get a SERVICE THAT WORKS I travel M-F with my job
txsprintrep

Feb 23, 2011, 5:32 PM
Mastercell555 said:
Better network LMAO I have had great service since switching to THE BIG V I travel a lot Since I have went to the BIG V I haven't dropped a call yet. I used to get 6-10 dropped calls a day with Sprint. 0 dropped calls with well you know who. I much rather pay more and get a SERVICE THAT WORKS I travel M-F with my job

I respect Verizon, what they have accomplished network-wise should not be ignored, however. Location, location, location. That is what it is all about. Where your verizon device dominates will falter in the barren wastelands of west texas. My sprint phone excels entirely, over my roomate's lg ally, his friends droid x's and droid 2's. So in your area yes I would pro...
(continues)
GeeksAreBest

Feb 24, 2011, 1:41 PM
But you're boasting about the superiority of your network in your specific location? Hi Pot, meet Kettle.

As far as Sprint goes, you do realize that Sprint's roaming partner (which provides about 60-70% of their "Nation Wide Coverage" is Verizon, right?
you.CAN.hear.me.now

Apr 19, 2011, 4:31 PM
FACT - Verizon's network is better.

FACT - Sprint's plans are cheaper.

FICTION - Sprint's coverage is better.

STUPID - one who claims Sprint has bett6er coverage. Sprint doesn't even claim Sprint has better coverage.

I'd suggest you keep your sales pitch based on Fact #2. At least it's ethical, if not weak.
olderthandirt

Mar 28, 2011, 5:26 PM
don't you sort of miss the dropped calls that Sprint gave you. Makes for a more interesting day
desireuser442

Feb 24, 2011, 3:06 PM
i beg to differ in every way that sprint is a cheaper better network. do your homework then talk on here
dj89

Feb 24, 2011, 3:07 PM
Sprint IS cheaper, as long as you're willing to bundle data into the conversation.
desireuser442

Feb 24, 2011, 3:34 PM
they might be cheaper for regular based plans but for smartphones that have "4g" pay extra 10 dollars a month and have a nice big termination fee but dont forget about their none award-winning cell service!
dj89

Feb 24, 2011, 3:37 PM
Actually, the charge is for all smartphones, and it still ends up cheaper than most other smartphone plans.

Sprint's ETF is the same for any phone; you might be confusing us with AT&T ($325 smartphones).

And as far as cell serivice? Well, baby, we're in the top 5 nationwide 😛

Which, I know, is not saying much considering the amount of nationwide companies out there...
DE 2 Philly

Feb 24, 2011, 3:40 PM
Sprint is tied for first in Customer Care

2nd in dropped calls

2nd in overall voice coverage

Arguably the best data network & phones
A
nd cheaper than AT&T Verizon by about $40/month if you include data

Sounds pretty good to me.
desireuser442

Feb 24, 2011, 3:48 PM
whos number one in customer care? and and why do they have so many dropped calls? and people roam in walmart or local colleges? what if they dont have a national plan they get hit with roaming charges when they arent really roaming? and how do you come to the conclusion of one of the best data networks? are there facts to back this up? no. and the reason why their service is cheaper because of its lesser quality but yea that all sounds GREAT
Joshiwa

Feb 25, 2011, 2:48 PM
http://phandroid.com/2010/12/06/consumer-reports-att ... »

The report that matters as far as customer service is the comsumer report.

US Cell #1
Verizon #2
Then Sprint #3

Also, JD Power and Associates (another good report) named US Cellular a Customer Service Champion. I think Sprint may of got that as well but winning a JD award and consumer choice would make you second in my book, as well as the consumers I'm sure.
TMO-MAN

Mar 2, 2011, 3:31 PM
Wow, IDK where you get your facts but T-mobile has won the JD Power and Associates award for #1 in customer service the past 11 times running. This is done bi-annually so that means the past 5 and a half years T-Mobile has won the award for #1!! 😎
Joshiwa

Mar 5, 2011, 6:38 PM
I gave a link for my Consumer report fact.
T-mobile is one of the other 39 service champions that JD listed but if you want to hear what 3rd party companies are saying and what consumers are saying you'll have to combine the two. Which is what I was doing.
TMO-MAN

Mar 2, 2011, 3:28 PM
DE 2 Philly said:
Sprint is tied for first in Customer Care

LMAO I havent laughed that good in a LOOONNNGGGG time!!! Thank You!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
OrionsVantage

Feb 24, 2011, 3:45 PM
lol, top 5 nationwide thats saying a WHOLE lot.

Verizon
ATT
Sprint
TMobile
USCell?

way to crack into the top 5 guys!
dj89

Feb 24, 2011, 4:02 PM
And Big T is on the rampage, so we'll see.
desireuser442

Feb 24, 2011, 5:50 PM
how many nationwide coverage companies are out there? cuz last time i checked being number 5 isnt something to be proud of BUT hey yea $325 sounds reasonable...compared to other carriers that might only charge $150
dj89

Feb 24, 2011, 6:52 PM
Sprint charges a prorated $200 all-around, without discrimination for phone types. Sucks for people who buy cheap phones, true, because they're subsidizing the big spenders...

And that is what I meant about our ranking...
desireuser442

Feb 25, 2011, 10:02 AM
hey man im just saying how hard would it be to offer 2 different buyout fees? a click or two? seems like they REALLY care about customers and how much they spend because everyone is so wealthy these days...and theyre good things about sprint in moderation...
Cosmic Spiderman

Mar 5, 2011, 7:46 PM
and for the entire contract. AT&T and Verizon's ETF go down as time goes by until eventually they go below $200
dj89

Mar 6, 2011, 1:34 PM
Sprint prorates its ETF as well.
Cosmic Spiderman

Mar 6, 2011, 1:55 PM
Sorry, I was misinformed. However, is it true that you can only get discounts on the primary line?
Azeron

Mar 6, 2011, 3:08 PM
How does that differ from say...Verizon?
Cosmic Spiderman

Mar 6, 2011, 3:40 PM
Verizon gives the discount to the entire bill, even if there are 5 lines.
Azeron

Mar 7, 2011, 2:20 AM
If the five lines are on Stand alone rate plans. I have a family share with two secondary plans and the share plans are $9.99 with no additional discount. This was true of AT&T when I worked there and Alltel way back when and Verizon when I worked there. Damn isn't $9.99 CHEAP enough?
Cosmic Spiderman

Mar 10, 2011, 2:21 PM
I wouldn't complain about 9.99, but I'm also not gonna complain about a discount on that.
dj89

Mar 6, 2011, 3:39 PM
Discounts as in how?
Cosmic Spiderman

Mar 6, 2011, 3:43 PM
If an account holder has a discount through their employer, I was informed that it only apllies to the primary line and not the account.
dj89

Mar 6, 2011, 3:48 PM
If each line is in an individual plan, each individual plan (with the exception of the unlimited everything) will have it.

If the lines are on a shared plan, the charge for having any additional lines past the first two does not get discounted, but the main charge does.
Cosmic Spiderman

Mar 6, 2011, 3:53 PM
That's what I was told. AT&T and Verizon discount the entire account of the shared plan, anywhere from 8% to 27% depending on the company.
dj89

Mar 6, 2011, 4:03 PM
Hmmm, so if the third line has an extra charge of 9.99, they get a percentage discounted from that?
Azeron

Mar 6, 2011, 4:52 PM
I don't.
Cosmic Spiderman

Mar 7, 2011, 5:56 PM
Then talk to them, cause I do as do many people I know
Azeron

Mar 7, 2011, 7:28 PM
Just because you're getting a lucky break doesn't mean that I am entitled to the same. No one is SUPPOSED to be getting a discount on a share line. That's policy. Sorry. I don't work there anymore, but a call I detested when I worked at Verizon, AT&T or Alltel was the "my friend is getting unlimited blah for free and I want the same deal." My response: "Your friend should not be getting that. Give me his number so that I can remove it." *Click*
Cosmic Spiderman

Mar 7, 2011, 5:55 PM
Yep
OrionsVantage

Mar 7, 2011, 6:33 PM
Verizon discounts are only eligible on lines with a monthly cost of $34.99 a month AND are not unlimited talk plans. This eliminates all shared lines. In most circumstances the discount will also count for any features added to the account like the 29.99 unlimited data feature.

You do not get a %20 discount across the bill.

Hope this clears things up
Azeron

Mar 6, 2011, 4:52 PM
Verizon doesn't. I get a 15% discount off my primary line. Not my secondary line and not features. If you want to dismantle Sprint for whatever reason that is fine, but don't tear them down for not doing what the other carriers don't.
anrcgr

Mar 10, 2011, 1:35 PM
Discounts with ATT only apply to the Main Subscriber on the Account. Any additional lines or add-on services are not discounted.
olderthandirt

Mar 28, 2011, 5:30 PM
Good Lord, Get off the soapbox already.
dj89

Mar 28, 2011, 6:25 PM
We're now in the top three nationwide!!!
nudecat

Mar 28, 2011, 7:38 PM
🤣 if at%t has their way that we would be the last in the top three!
Mastercell555

Feb 28, 2011, 4:31 PM
Are you kidding me I have had both of them and verizon works much much much better I travel a lot. You have one thing right Sprint is CHEAP their network and their service.
tgc1980

Mar 2, 2011, 2:28 AM
bigdfan70 said:
That's because Sprint is taking Verizon's and at&t's customers by the truck load everyday! Lol!
Cheaper, better network. Common sense! 🤣

I agree.
Mastercell555

Mar 2, 2011, 10:13 PM
Sprint sucks so bad they are begging for customers by offering up to a $125 credit that is completely pathetic.
gldnhrtrblfst

Mar 3, 2011, 12:50 PM
lol u mad bro?
DiamondPro

Mar 3, 2011, 2:47 PM
Let me get this straight a company offers a credit to customers and the suck because of it? You fail at logic. So your saying Chase and Wells Fargo suck to because they offer 125 cash to people who open new accounts. You fail at life to btw from reading this post you should delete your account and go home
tmorep03

Mar 3, 2011, 4:32 PM
Master thats not begging that sounds like a good promo. Every company will come out with sick deals every so often wit credits or cost of phones and it sounds like a good promotion.
olderthandirt

Mar 28, 2011, 8:31 PM
We are not begging them to join. Just can not afford candy to recruit from school yards
you.CAN.hear.me.now

Apr 19, 2011, 4:29 PM
🤣
olderthandirt

Mar 21, 2011, 4:26 PM
illegal aliens by the truck load is not taking away from att or verizon. Only the intergalatic services.
comander60

Apr 13, 2011, 7:48 AM
🙂 sounds like a lot of you tried to get a job with sprint and did not make the cut 😉
you.CAN.hear.me.now

Apr 19, 2011, 4:27 PM
Better network??

LMFAO!!!!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Definitely cheaper.... but you get what you pay for. I'd carry Cricket over Sprint! The price/****ty network ratio is much better... 😁
DiamondPro

Mar 3, 2011, 3:09 PM
For consumers who are looking for a great network at an affordable cost with lots of coverage. Sprint has the best devices on the market and the best data and talk plans around. Sprint usually has the best company discount as well. Sprint has a better voice network in many off the top cities then verizon does. What city do you live in? Do you work for verizon? You do know verizon is the only wireless company that had an employee predict there death and drop dead at work. Dont bash Sprint unless you have a legitimate reason to. Verizon also dropped 10,000 emergency 911 calls and had no idea it happenend.
Black_Beard

Mar 3, 2011, 9:18 PM
"You do know verizon is the only wireless company that had an employee predict there death and drop dead at work"

Woah! Verizon had a prophet work for them?? That's crazy..... I've always wanted to meet a prophet.
OrionsVantage

Mar 4, 2011, 1:36 PM
Yeah, i thought that was funny.

but i don't see how thats relevant in this "conversation" at all. (i'm not sure this is a conversation, though)
Black_Beard

Mar 4, 2011, 8:55 PM
its not - yoda
olderthandirt

Mar 28, 2011, 8:27 PM
There is a reason this is called the rumor mill
olderthandirt

Mar 28, 2011, 8:30 PM
We use a bridge here where we work. The next place you can go after leaving here is to play leapfrog at the bridge. So far the bridge has won everytime.

If the fall does not kill you (seldom does), laying in the mud with broken arms and legs let you breathe in the incoming tide.
Mastercell555

Mar 7, 2011, 4:51 PM
For your information I have NEVER worked in the cellular industry. I travel a ton for work all over the US I spend 60-75% of my time away from home. I have found verizon is a ton better. I used to drop tons of calls with sprint now I have verizon I still drop calls but not near as many I dropped with sprint. I would say I drop about 5% compared to sprint. SO 95% MORE DROPPED CALLS ISN'T A GREAT DEAL FOR ME. You get what you pay for, cheap service with sprint.
Azeron

Mar 7, 2011, 7:30 PM
Wow! A battle royal between a Sprint hater and a Sprint loved.

*Grabs popcorn*

Fight!
olderthandirt

Mar 28, 2011, 8:32 PM
Is it going to be in 3d and do we need to have the special glasses
olderthandirt

Mar 28, 2011, 5:28 PM
Yes, Sprint is the best. When I travel to Pluto I get no dropped calls and my retirement is covered with their high dollar stock returns
pickles

Mar 3, 2011, 10:20 PM
DiamondPro is on to you, cameltowing will be here for backup soon
Joby Dick

Mar 5, 2011, 12:08 AM
I think you missed your bandwagon about three years ago. What makes them so 'crappy'?

Is it their excellent service plan value?

Is it their strong data and voice network (albeit mostly roaming)?

Is it their vastly improved customer service?

Is it their superior device lineup?

Their 4G network is sub-par, I'll give you that much. However, they are not a stagnant company. Hesse and his crew have long ago started to evaluate LTE as a viable alternative to WiMax (which I think is the best decision). They are not stupid, and they will not allow themselves to disintegrate to the point where they were in '07 - they're better than that and they know it.

Granted, they will likely never be the largest carrier (considering they have ...
(continues)
Mastercell555

Mar 7, 2011, 4:54 PM
Thats why they still have customers leaving by the thousands every day.
Kayslay34

Mar 7, 2011, 8:58 PM
I love people like you who are willing to speak with false and idiotic information. Sprint for the last 2-3 quarters has had a positive net in customers, albeit that 60-70% of them are prepaid it still is a positive gain.

So i would probably just put my foot in my own mouth if i were you.
Joby Dick

Mar 7, 2011, 11:08 PM
Darn you, you beat me to it! 😛

OK, before either of us commit any further logical fallacies (the rest of this post is in attention to the original poster), let's start dealing with facts.

While AT&T rides the iPhone wave, Sprint has differentiated itself as the first and only 4G network in securing a postpaid churn of 1.85% for the second quarter of 2010. In the first quarter of 2008, Sprint had posted a high post-paid churn rate of 2.45% and a net post-paid subscriber loss of 1.09 million. Things have turned around for Sprint, as it not only posted its lowers postpaid churn but also a net subscriber gain of 111,000 customers in 1Q 2010. While its differentiation as the first and only 4G network has made it an identifi
(continues)
desireuser442

Mar 9, 2011, 7:55 PM
so when you say "exact opposite" do you mean you think they are number one or just generally saying? while it is important to look at the service in your area i bet that there is one other carrier who is probably the same if not better. i just beleive that overall is the thing that matters most especially when you do travel outside your city.
Joby Dick

Mar 9, 2011, 8:58 PM
I regretted having typed that after I submitted my message. What I meant to say is that the market's view of Sprint has made a 180 over the last few years, coming from the absolute worst to one of the best. Do I think Sprint is the best carrier? No.

That being said, I don't believe there is a 'best' carrier. It's all subjective. Where my mother lives, Verizon is hands-down the best. Where I live, Sprint is the best. Coverage is such a subjective issue that no one company can possibly claim they are the best.

There are, of course, distinguishing factors that make Verizon, for example, better than T-Mobile, but coverage amongst the post-paid carriers is so similar (for metro areas, at least), that it's not even worth arguing. As it is n...
(continues)
Mastercell555

Mar 21, 2011, 12:02 PM
😢

"
Even as the company has stemmed subscriber losses, it still lacks the size to compete for hot devices such as Apple Inc.'s (AAPL) iPhone, which both AT&T and Verizon Wireless carry. Plus, Sprint continues to report losses--nearly $3.5 billion in 2010--because of balance-sheet issues and its focus on the lower-end of the market, which is less profitable." read the article at nasdaq.com

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/company-news-story .aspx?storyid=201103211105DOWJONESDJONLINE000 210#ixzz1HFpHlEul
olderthandirt

Mar 28, 2011, 9:30 PM
Yawn

Have you bothered to read the finacial analysis for Sprint.
Not very bright future
dj89

Mar 28, 2011, 9:39 PM
Joby Dick is dead.
olderthandirt

Apr 3, 2011, 12:35 PM
Value meals are unheathy and so you should thank Sprint for being concerned about your health. such Theey reduced their stock price to make sure you stay healthy on purpose.

They were going to call you but the call dropped
you.CAN.hear.me.now

Apr 19, 2011, 4:35 PM
I love Sprint. Their former customers pay my bills. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.