Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 30 replies

Why Verizon will NOT get the iPhone in 2011 despite all of the reports.

Cellular Phone

Dec 27, 2010, 11:30 AM
AT&T's exclusivity agreement with Apple expires in 2012.
cjerx6

Dec 27, 2010, 12:06 PM
Actually, Verizon WILL be getting the iPhone.
Apple broke out of the agreement with AT&T.
And that contract, was actually supposed to be valid until 2013.
Cellular Phone

Dec 27, 2010, 12:41 PM
When did Apple announce this?
Azeron

Dec 27, 2010, 8:43 PM
Why would Apple announce an end to an exclusivity which they never acknowledged existed in the first place?
GeeksAreBest

Jan 10, 2011, 8:52 AM
Actually, they did acknowledge it. And I'm sure Apple found a loop hole. Like maybe calling it the vPhone or something lame like that, maybe changing enough so that its a second patent and they're free of any contract since it's no longer the "iPhone".
Cellular Phone

Dec 27, 2010, 12:42 PM
and found nothing official that Apple broke their exclusive agreement with AT&T and announced a Verizon release. 😁
MAP2010WIRELESS.COM

Dec 27, 2010, 4:09 PM
Don't want to sound clueless but not that long ago found out about The ZTE Peel, Thats cool that you can use it that way.

ZTE Peel 3G Case For Transforming Your iPod Touch Into a Sprint Phone?

Sprint ZTE Peel cradles iPods with 3G goodness

ZTE Peel 3G Case For Transforming Your iPod Touch Into a Sprint Phone?

Now thats awesome!!!!!

I think Verizon and other Wireless Companies will start doing the same.

It make it easier to move from one to another company, it might even be a start of an end of what we think of cellphones. If you can get an unbranded device and pop it in a case from AT&T Or Sprint Or Verizon Maybe you and easily do the same all over the world?

Mark
phantom mullet

Dec 28, 2010, 9:17 AM
The Peel is advertised as a mobile web-only device.
It doesn't make the iPod a phone, just provides 3G data coverage.
OrionsVantage

Dec 28, 2010, 11:56 AM
I can only assume mr not for profit MVNO is talking about using VoIP with the iTouch with the 3g data peel thingy.
phantom mullet

Dec 28, 2010, 1:11 PM
Because VoIP works greaaaaaaaaaat with 3G data. Lol.

Well, at least he's trying. 🤣
OrionsVantage

Dec 28, 2010, 1:52 PM
Its not the greatest solution, but it is a solution...i guess.

Personally i'm waiting on the actual sprint iPhone that was announced on this very website. I have it on good authority that its coming.
Cosmic Spiderman

Dec 29, 2010, 2:54 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
fullracecam

Dec 31, 2010, 10:08 AM
just because you say something will happen over and over dose not mean it will just change for you and your little world. from what i read on this site everyone wants to be the expert... no one knows s#!&

really just stop, know one cares if you have it on good authority.(what ever that means)
Cosmic Spiderman

Dec 31, 2010, 10:56 AM
First of all, this is the Rumor Mill forum. Second, he was being sarcastic. Dude, don't take things so seriously 😕
OrionsVantage

Dec 31, 2010, 11:24 AM
Who was being sarcastic?!? I have it on good authority (BigKippa) that the Sprint iPhone is coming in November of 2010. Its all on this website. The internet is serious business.
Amarantamin

Dec 31, 2010, 9:18 PM
🤣
rippedsack89

Jan 13, 2011, 3:26 PM
holy hell has no one realized in this industry it is no longer a matter of if its only a matter of when so i can feel very confident in saying that everyone will have the iphone at some point. that means sprint verizon uscellular tmobile even cricket for christ sake. just like everyone will have nationwide LTE and video chat and a phone that opens your garage door too..... ok maybe not the last thing but is that too much to ask for its all about frequencies anyway
speedywalk

Jan 10, 2011, 11:30 AM
that use "Words with Friends" on their iPhone when they leave a 4G area?

Talk about missing calls...
Menno

Jan 10, 2011, 4:54 PM
being witty?

CDMA phones prefer voice traffic over data traffic, so it you're playing words with friends and a call comes in, the incoming call pops up and asks you to accept or ignore it. you will NEVER miss a call with verizon because of a data session. It doesn't happen.
olderthandirt

Jan 10, 2011, 10:47 PM
But why let facts get in the way of a good rumor. Besides with a carefully set up time shift we may see that verizon already has been selling the iphones for the past 2 months in a small town in Montana
famoussasjohn

Jan 11, 2011, 11:10 AM
well, they finally got it. 🤣
Fredd

Jan 11, 2011, 12:18 PM
Guess that ends the need for the rumor mill! 🤣
Cellular Phone

Jan 11, 2011, 6:43 PM
Thank god because the rumor mills were getting old. Mazel Tov Verizon!
Azeron

Jan 11, 2011, 6:43 PM
😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉
youaremyhero

Feb 4, 2011, 9:49 PM
I will never listen to you again. Get out of here
Cellular Phone

Feb 7, 2011, 3:27 PM
youaremyhero said:
I will never listen to you again. Get out of here

I rescinded on the day Verizon and Apple announced the iPhone.

And no, I won't get out of here. Sorry.
fullracecam

Feb 10, 2011, 1:52 PM
wow put your foot in your mouth on that one, might not want to make such bold uneducated statments.
fearmywrx

Feb 15, 2011, 3:55 PM
haha. Yup, first quarter of 2011 and people already have those Verizon Iphones in there hands. LOL
Cellular Phone

Feb 15, 2011, 4:50 PM
I already ate pie over this comment. I was wrong. I admitted it once, and now I am admitting it again: I WAS WRONG. WRONG, WRONG. I WAS WRONG. Verizon has the iPhone now, and I am glad for those who wanted this to happen.

Please, stop replying to my original post just to tell me to eat crow. I already ate crow with ketchup, mustard, and just a dollop of mayo because I am watching my fat intake.

For the record, I have already eaten crow over this original post. I even had a side of fries with it. Are we good? I hope so. Thank you.
Azeron

Feb 15, 2011, 6:45 PM
We're good.
Cellular Phone

Feb 15, 2011, 7:54 PM
Are you sure? I ate some more crow just to be on the safe side, and this time I dipped it in hot sauce.

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.