Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 17 replies

possible announchment 02/07/2011

nudecat

Feb 2, 2011, 11:20 PM
it is rumored that the announchment for sprint on 02/07/2011 will be a merger between sprint and t-mobile to create a new company called t-sprint or sprint-mobile. this company then would give at&t and verizon a run for there money.
bdo3272

Feb 3, 2011, 11:08 AM
Would definitly make for an interesting battle for carrier supremacy...BUT i really dont see it happening. They are two different types of cell coverage, with TMo using HSPA+ and going to LTE and Sprint using Wimax. Havent heard of any rumors except yours. Right now im calling bogus, but if they announce this on Feb 2nd i will hereby name nudecat hero of the day.
bluedrummer27

Feb 3, 2011, 12:17 PM
While I understand your rationale, I must remind you of Sprint's (failed) acqusition of Nextel a few years ago...
callcenterrep69

Feb 3, 2011, 12:36 PM
+1
bdo3272

Feb 3, 2011, 1:36 PM
where did you hear about the merger nudecat? i googled it quickly and most of the articles date back to july 2010. do you have an insider? or is this based on an article? link?
nudecat

Feb 3, 2011, 3:46 PM
it is based of the articles and other information i have access too. 😎
He who Lurks

Feb 3, 2011, 6:38 PM
Kippa?
TMO-MAN

Feb 3, 2011, 9:57 PM
sprint is cdma and t-mo is gsm how would there be a merger?
dj89

Feb 3, 2011, 10:39 PM
Nextel's iDen, and they merged. We already have global cdma/gsm phones, so if we're able to key some of them to work in the US...

But there IS such a thing as anti-monopoly laws. And a merger like that would be cutting it bad.
anrcgr

Mar 10, 2011, 3:37 PM
Sprint is possibly obtaining T-Mobile due to the fact that Sprint is CDMA and T-Mobile is GSM. With both networks being tied to one company it would boost customers.
dj89

Mar 10, 2011, 3:41 PM
Because that's what happened when Sprint bought Nextel!
TMO-MAN

Feb 3, 2011, 9:56 PM
t-mobile isnt going to LTE by the end of 2011 we are planned to have HSPA+ (42 mbps) covering 100 million people.
Ishamael

Feb 3, 2011, 4:18 PM
So this new company would be juggling a GSM, HSPA+, LTE, iDEN, CDMA, and WiMAX network across its different phones?

The CDMA/iDEN thing is confusing enough to most customers. This won't ever happen.
Azeron

Feb 4, 2011, 1:28 AM
Wi-Max and Iden would go away. This would be a wonderful thing as T-Mobile is spectrum starved. As fas as Dual-mode CDMA/GSM handsets those are all over the place. The world phones both Verizon and Sprint sell as well as ChinaUnicom. It's doable. But do these carriers have the guts to do it? I doubt it. I believe the OP is full of...er...something.
nudecat

Mar 21, 2011, 6:16 PM
well i guess i was half wrong. sprint was in talks with t-mobile to buy them. it looks like they went with at&t instead.
olderthandirt

Mar 22, 2011, 8:21 PM
Sprint was not willing to give up control to Deusche Telecom and now is reaping the rewards.

Those would include a move to the smaller planet where they can supply coverage
olderthandirt

Mar 27, 2011, 5:53 PM
Well it looks like this possible announcement beached itself. AT@T looks like the winner with Tmobile, Sprint throwing a temper tantrum over it because they blew first chance, Verizon just being Verizon.

Everyones data capacity fracturing with new smartphones about to hit. Merge, aquire, and corp death (Sprint)
Just another day in the neighborhood.
nudecat

Mar 28, 2011, 3:30 PM
🤣 that is so true.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.