Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 43 replies

Sprint to Start Accepting Food Stamps

phantom mullet

Jan 5, 2011, 10:42 AM
Sprint executives, after polling their user-base, have decided to roll out a new payment option that they hope will help reduce the number of delinquent accounts and customers being turned off by high deposits.

Starting January 9th, 2011, customers will be able to pay for wireless services with food stamps in-store only.

Sprint has justified this new payment policy by stating that some of their eco-friendly messaging devices are made from corn-based bio-plastic.
twinmoon1

Jan 5, 2011, 4:33 PM
COOL! its about time!
phantom mullet

Jan 7, 2011, 11:28 AM
I know, right?

There are rumors that it may only be for a limited time, butt hat hasn't ben confirmed. Best bet for Sprint customers is to show support for the program and start paying by food stamps immediately.
iljaaf21

Jan 21, 2011, 11:35 AM
And the people on food stamps are gonna beleive this, and be extremely disappointed.
phantom mullet

Jan 21, 2011, 2:15 PM
Why will they be disappointed? Have more babies, get more food stamps, pay your cell bill!
Jscabs86

Jan 28, 2011, 7:48 PM
hahah everyone who has sprint is on food stamps and has at least 3 babies anyways.
susanexpress

Jan 28, 2011, 3:22 AM
it is indeed so cool. just like i have a large number of [url= http://www.susanexpress.com]WOW Gold[/url]
Winteremix

Jan 24, 2011, 11:30 AM
Wow... FOOD stamps to pay for someones phone bill.
Love seeing 32% of my income going to great use. :/
bigdfan70

Jan 25, 2011, 7:03 PM
thank your worst president in us history for that....obama ๐Ÿ™„
Ishamael

Jan 25, 2011, 10:15 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
desireuser442

Jan 26, 2011, 12:25 PM
is this post legit? they're really accepting food stamps?
phantom mullet

Jan 26, 2011, 1:16 PM
Corporate stores should be able to take payments in the form of food stamps, yes.

Third-parties probably won't be able to at this time.
Winteremix

Jan 27, 2011, 2:28 PM
I heard AT-T may be starting it too. Bullocks.
phantom mullet

Jan 26, 2011, 10:44 AM
But it's helping people in need. The poor and lazy deserve to be able to update Facebook from their mobile device just as much as you or I. ๐Ÿ˜‰
uscc88

Jan 26, 2011, 3:09 PM
is this really legit? that is ridiculous if it it...where would one find more info on this?
phantom mullet

Jan 27, 2011, 10:38 AM
Should be floating around newsroom.sprint.com somewhere.
anrcgr

Mar 10, 2011, 1:57 PM
There is no information pertaining to this at newsroom.sprint.com
DiamondPro

Jan 26, 2011, 4:01 PM
Let me guess you were the first one in line... ๐Ÿ™„ Just like at the foodstamp office. ๐Ÿคฃ

Were u Pre-approved or did you have to put down extra foodstamps as a deposit? ๐Ÿคฃ
phantom mullet

Jan 27, 2011, 10:44 AM
I was actually right behind your mother. Wasn't the first time either...

Funny thing, she accepts food stamps as payment too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyway, it's a cool program Sprint has set up for their lower income consumers. I think we can all agree that more options for consumers is a good thing.
DiamondPro

Jan 28, 2011, 3:39 PM
Oh you must have mistaken my mother for your cousin again. ๐Ÿ™„

Trailer park trash tends to do that all the time, you know how you guys keep it in the family. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Especially since they are the only ones crazy enough to wear that ridiculous mullet at a haircut. ๐Ÿคฃ

How long do you stand in line at the foodstamp office? I bet u still have enough foodstamps leftover to buy Mary Sues some pig feet and ham hocks. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
alpaca_camel

Jan 27, 2011, 10:19 PM
can't find any details about it using KMS/CST, or is this in your store only?
me12

Jan 27, 2011, 11:19 PM
๐Ÿคจ are you joking?
bluedrummer27

Jan 28, 2011, 12:38 PM
Are you people stupid??? Do you REALLY think Sprint would accept food stamps??? FOOD STAMPS = FOOD!!!
phantom mullet

Jan 28, 2011, 1:42 PM
bluedrummer27 said:
Are you people stupid??? Do you REALLY think Sprint would accept food stamps??? FOOD STAMPS = FOOD!!!

Stamps = Mail. What's your point?

As was pointed out in the official press release and my original post, they are able to offer this option to customers because of a loophole opened when they started offering phones made from corn-based bio-plastic.
alpaca_camel

Jan 28, 2011, 3:56 PM
what press release? link to sprint.com, please? ๐Ÿ˜•
phantom mullet

Jan 28, 2011, 4:21 PM
I can't post hyperlinks because I can't see the URL in my address bar at work, and I'm not going to waste my home-time helping you do your job.

If it's relevant to your position in telesales/care/wherever then you should ask your supervisor/site management.
alpaca_camel

Jan 28, 2011, 4:45 PM
could have been nicer though for the comments.
Mrs.B

Feb 1, 2011, 1:55 PM
๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿคฃ
phantom mullet

Jan 28, 2011, 9:44 AM
I know of a couple managers in our district that have already been terminated because they decided they weren't going to follow the policy.
youaremyhero

Feb 4, 2011, 9:50 PM
Do you want it to be for real? If you do, I want you to leave this country.
Ishamael

Feb 4, 2011, 9:52 PM
https://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/forum.php?fm=m&f ... »

First you claim you're leaving forever, now you're running around telling other people to get out. In the Rumor forum, no less.

Silly noobie.
youaremyhero

Feb 4, 2011, 9:54 PM
Hi, will I be able to get the HTC Thunderbolt online when it gets released?
Ishamael

Feb 4, 2011, 9:55 PM
Srs qstn plz.
youaremyhero

Feb 4, 2011, 9:56 PM
that's a serious question.

will I be able to get the HTC Thunderbolt online when it gets released?
Amarantamin

Feb 4, 2011, 10:11 PM
You will not be able to get the HTC Thunderbolt online when it gets released.

Now accept this as absolute fact, and threaten to physically assault anybody who suggests otherwise.
OrionsVantage

Jan 28, 2011, 9:26 PM
You are my new hero. How in the world did you get this many people to bite?

AND you got diamond pro to show his face and attempt some insult humor.

You're my new favorite.

+10 phonescoops.
Ghostly Captain Ahash

Jan 30, 2011, 9:45 PM
*nods head*
phantom mullet

Jan 31, 2011, 9:13 AM
Thank you. Thank you.

I thought about responding to his most recent attempt...but decided he made himself look childish enough by carrying on after I tried to bring it back on topic. Oh wells. ๐Ÿ™‚
Mastercell555

Feb 17, 2011, 11:14 AM
It would make sense for sprint to start accepting food stamps SPRINT is the TRAILER PARK (ALL SINGLE WIDE) OF CELLULAR!!!! Come on look at their stock you cannot even buy a VALUE meal with a share of their stock.
kdgaydos

Feb 17, 2011, 4:39 PM
They probably should have left Nextel alone and chose to invest in themselves instead. When I had them some ten years ago, they would always double bill me each month even after I could show that I had paid the last months bill. Their customer service is their downfall. I wanted to clarify that "Food Stamps" aren't actually being accepted but, rather "EBT" payments.
killerphones

Feb 19, 2011, 1:14 PM
EBT is modern day foodstamps, since states no longer use "stamps" they just use an EBT card, kind of like a debit card.
kdgaydos

Feb 19, 2011, 4:42 PM
I didn't think I would have tp clarify this topic but, EBT is for food and cash assistance. The state does not monitor what the cash assistance is spent on. Usually, it's taken off the card via ATM. It can then be used for anything, including paying your Sprint bill. I think this is wrong. If your are truly in need of this service, you have more important things to buy other than cellphones. They have a government program if you really need to have a cellphone. The FOOD assistance is monitored and there are strict guidelines as to what you can actually buy, for example, you can buy a soda but, the card will not pay for a Red Bull.
killerphones

Feb 19, 2011, 5:58 PM
Why are you so knowledgeable of this issue ๐Ÿคจ ? EBT is the card for food stamps, at least that is how it is in my state because the EBT card doesn't cover for certain food products.
kdgaydos

Feb 20, 2011, 9:42 PM
Yes, EBT or Electronic Benefits Transfer is for Food and Cash assistanace. The one card can be used for both purposes. I live in Michigan and I was laid off for a while which is why I know so much about it. I just don't think it's fair to say that they are using "foodstamps" to pay their bills when they are not. My family received "Food Stamps" but not cash assistance so we would not be able to pay a Sprint bill with the card. I would have cancelled my cell phone and dealt with the bill rather than continue to use something that I couldn't afford. I know others out there that would not. I just don't agree with the program that Sprint is setting up. If these people really need cell phones there are programs for FREE cellphones. I think that i...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.