Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 14 replies

AT&T > Verizon Acquisition?!

evilsmiles

Jul 4, 2010, 5:52 PM
Covering the holiday weekend and saw the notice. Is this the beginning of a full merger?
Amarantamin

Jul 4, 2010, 6:04 PM
Sure would give LTE a great platform to stand on.
ecycled

Jul 5, 2010, 11:31 AM
Do you have a link for where you saw this?
Amarantamin

Jul 5, 2010, 1:48 PM
I don't know, I've heard a person or two in my center mention it, and then saw this thread. I'm looking for some sort of hard facts too.
AshDizzle

Jul 5, 2010, 9:39 PM
If I were a betting man, I'd put money on you hearing rumors about the completion of the Alltel divestitures to AT&T.

To get the Alltel/VZW merger approved by the FCC, VZW had to give up some assets in certain areas to AT&T. AT&T just completed this transition. You can read about it here:

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800&cdvn=news ... »
CamelTowing

Sep 21, 2010, 2:26 PM
Dammit, Ash! Quit bringing cold hard facts into the rumor forum! 🤣
BHabelitz4GWireless

Oct 1, 2010, 1:49 PM
Some how I wished that link could give me more information about the rumor of the iPhone coming to VZW at all. People want real answers!
ZumiezEastCoast

Oct 1, 2010, 2:24 PM
begining of next year. there in the works now of transitioning the setup to verisons network
GeeksAreBest

Nov 1, 2010, 3:31 PM
I work for AT&T and frankly, I can't wait for Verizons network to bomb just like ours did. Ennjoy your datas while you can, haha! 😈
ZumiezEastCoast

Nov 2, 2010, 8:05 AM
me neither so sprint can pull farther ahead. 😎
cellphoneguy

Nov 2, 2010, 6:23 PM
In order to pull further ahead you must first be ahead which sprint is not even in the same ballpark as Verizon. As far as at&t workers go please save the hate towards verizon for when and if they do get the iphone cause you can kiss at least 25% of your customers goodbye and farewell.
PhonemanJ

Jul 5, 2010, 3:10 PM
I seriously doubt that the Federal Trade Commission would let that happen.The FTC broke up all of the Bells/ATT back in the 1970's because of monopolistic trade practices. Yes, there were GTE and others out there at the time, but it was ATT that was, by far, the largest. With the merger of the 2 largest cellular phone companies in the country, it would give them somewhere in the neighborhood of 170 million customers, a huge majority of the cellular market. Yes, there would still be Sprint, T-Mobile and others, but the merged companies would rule the roost and a monopolistic atmosphere would again cover the telephone market. Besides, the competition in the marketplace is good for the consumer.
kris.the.pope

Jul 6, 2010, 1:36 PM
the FCC would never approve. they're already complaing about the lack of competition
Vosberg1

Jul 10, 2010, 8:51 AM
Plus the carriers would have to be able to share the devices, some devices are locked down, and others would require alot of work to get to swap the tech. ATT is GSM, Verizon is CDMA
o0jeff0o

Jul 13, 2010, 11:17 PM
When they say "Acquisition" they generally mean they are selling each other towers. AT&T buys towers in areas of low coverage, as does every cellular company. they aquire towers daily, sometimes they are required to post notification of such actions. Verizon is AT&T's biggest competitor, I don't see any kind of deal coming on in our lifetime.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.