Phone Scoop

printed April 17, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=3&fi=2367

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

Back to message list

Top message:  Attn: Gagirl, I do like reading your editorials by Chapperal   Nov 8, 2003, 12:02 PM

Replying to:  Re: Attn: Gagirl, I do like reading your editorials by Big Poppa   Nov 8, 2003, 2:36 PM

Re: Attn: Gagirl, I do like reading your editorials

by qagirl    Nov 9, 2003, 12:54 PM

Actually, the reason VZW shyed away from Nokia for a while was because of software compatibility issues. VZW mandates that all phones we carry have certain items in the menus, Brew capability, Get It Now capability, etc. The phones we carry must be personalized to our network. For a while Nokia was not able to do that with many of their handsets. If we were to have carried Nokias they would not have come with many of our company specific features.

It is not because Nokia was going GSM. This is proven untrue by the many Nokia phones the other carriers are currently selling that are not GSM.

Another reason VZW has not historically carried many Nokias is that for a while VZW was on a strong push for clamshell phones. Nokia has branded the market with the changeable faceplates and clamshell phones weren't in their bag of tricks. But demand has shown that not everyone is into the clamshell, and a good portion of the younger market wants Nokia. You can expect to see more Nokias coming out on VZW very soon.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.