Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 10 replies

New iPhone (CDMA?)

rudedogtrev

Apr 7, 2010, 12:38 PM
Ok, I know the new iPhone for CDMA is slated to come out late this summer or early fall, and I was told by one of my collegues that he'd seen a picture of the new device somewhere online. Can anybody post a link or send me a link to a picture of the new iphone along with any information you can find on it. trev8530@sprint.blackberry.net.

Thanks.
WernerCD

Apr 7, 2010, 4:52 PM
Anything dealing with a CDMA iPhone is rumor, speculation or idle chatter amounst iFanatics.

And it will remain that way until Verizon and/or Apple says otherwise.

The article two weeks ago, full of idle speculation and "I have a friend who says..." even states at the end that neither VZ or Apple have comments.
rudedogtrev

Apr 8, 2010, 9:09 AM
posted on the Wall Street Journal's website

Apple Inc. plans to begin producing this year a new iPhone that could allow U.S. phone carriers other than AT&T Inc. to sell the iconic gadget, said people briefed by the company.

The new iPhone would work on a type of wireless network called CDMA, these people said. CDMA is used by Verizon Wireless, AT&T's main competitor, as well as Sprint Nextel Corp. and a handful of cellular operators in countries including South Korea and Japan. The vast majority of carriers world-wide, including AT&T, use another technology called GSM.
WernerCD

Apr 8, 2010, 2:22 PM
Neither apple or vzw confirms this rumor.

And vzw CEO says it's still up to apple (which tells me - no deal has been made)

until vzw or apple says otherwise it's pure rumor
Amarantamin

Apr 7, 2010, 9:00 PM
It probably looks like an iPhone.

Really?

Yeah, really... 🙄
justcallitanight

Apr 8, 2010, 12:16 PM
Agreed...

Take iPhone 3GS...flip over...place sticker on back that says "QUALCOMM 3G CDMA"...and there you have it a CDMA iPhone.
skywalkershawty

Apr 16, 2010, 11:21 AM
Even if Sprint does get the iPhone it will still take a SIM card, just like their Blackberry Tour.
Amarantamin

Apr 18, 2010, 1:32 PM
Eh? The SIM card in the Tour is for GSM use if roaming internationally. The phone can function without the SIM card on the CDMA network.
skywalkershawty

Apr 21, 2010, 11:58 PM
you're right, I thought about that like right after I posted... but hey I'm only human... lol
villyVoy

Apr 22, 2010, 12:05 AM
nerds...!!!!
chrisr6guy

Apr 22, 2010, 9:41 PM
Ask BigKippa, he has insider information

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.