Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 18 replies

ANDRIOD Vs. iphone..

viperguy

Mar 18, 2010, 8:35 AM
I personally like andriod over mac os or apple any day!! I like the security of being able to add an insurance plan to devices that have andriod than to have to gamble with a high price device that the andriod can do anyway. Who else feels this way?
Joeboo62

Mar 18, 2010, 3:42 PM
Agreed, as well it gives you alot of the proslike apps and great web browser with the flexibility of choosing any carrier(not at&t)
Amarantamin

Mar 21, 2010, 9:48 PM
Android can do everything the iPhone can do, with more freedom and less of a price. Not to mention insurance. Woo!
madmatg

Mar 22, 2010, 4:15 PM
my iPhone has insurance? It's from apple. The Jailbreak is really what makes the iPhone worth it, it's able to take the best parts of every phone OS and put it into the iPhone. One thing that I will never be able to be happy with though is no WMV or WMA. Terribly annoying. Never used an Android though so can't talk too much about it
revAnDroid

Mar 29, 2010, 4:02 PM
I agree with ViperGuy. I feel like iPhone is another trend that will eventually go away. Because let's face it. You buy an iPhone, and you're stuck with the same memory capacity, that same internal battery, and a high price to pay when the next iPhone comes out a year later. Plus, you're stuck on AT&T. (Boo!) Also, I feel a rooted Android phone outperforms the iPhone any day of the week. Now with phones like Nexus, it's going to be hard for apple to do anything but keep suing people for "Infringing" on the iPhone (Which some technology for they "Borrowed" from Palm) instead of making new and great devices that trend followers will buy. Ironic, isn't it?
Amarantamin

Mar 30, 2010, 1:45 PM
Hehe, the patents get so rediculous. "Moveable icons on a touchscreen"... What? Wouldn't patents like this, if allowed, corner the market and stop anybody besides Apple from advancing? Such silliness.
revAnDroid

Mar 30, 2010, 2:00 PM
That's their goal. To monopolize the cell phone market, when they themselves are new to it. And it's funny because if you dig, someone has done all of the things the iPhone does before apple even came out with it. Of course though, not all in one phone.
iDontcare

Mar 30, 2010, 8:06 PM
I like how you say "...hard for Apple do to anything....", like the 3gs is the last iPhone they will ever make and they expect it to be competitive for the next 5 years. It would be naive to think Apple wasn't developing the next iPhone before the 3gs was even released. Finally 6mo+ after the 3gs's release there are superior Android devices, yet within 6 months there will be a new iPhone released. It seems to me that Apple is more focused on releasing a phone that will be competitive in the 4g marketplace instead of worrying about the "iPhone killers" released in the meantime which simply have superior hardware. I'm in no way saying the iPhone is the best phone out and the OS limitations are good, but if everyone on PS thinks the iPhone is s...
(continues)
Tweeks

Mar 31, 2010, 10:49 AM
its all about android! meh
WernerCD

Mar 31, 2010, 1:13 PM
because they raised the bar 3 years ago and set the standard.

Since then it's been minor updates, mostly software related.

App Store & Copy Paste.
Faster processor, bigger hard drive, better camera.

Other minor improvements.

"Obsolete" and/or stale doesn't negate using them as a baseline.

I can compare every new "simple" phone out to the RAZR, and the comparison's are no less valid - and the RAZR is no less obsolete or stale. The RAZR is a known baseline to compare too. Recognizable.

At the end of the day: *EVERYONE* had to step up their game. Everyone wins, honestly. Apple/Andriod/Palm/Win7 fanboi's... hell even BB fans got the Storm2. PLUS the carriers win because more people actually want smart phones now.
revAnDroid

Mar 31, 2010, 2:50 PM
Werner saved me from typing a paragraph, thanks buddy!
DE 2 Philly

Mar 28, 2010, 9:34 PM
The Sprint EVO is the best of the best, period. Research "Sprint HTC EVO" - you'll drool.
Amarantamin

Mar 30, 2010, 1:46 PM
And the EVO is an Android... 😁
WernerCD

Mar 31, 2010, 1:17 PM
I wholeheartedly agree.

I'm also a fan of Palm. I haven't decided on Palm, Android or 7 for my next upgrade *Shrug* we'll see.

I don't go for insurance personally, as I'd rather put the $50/$100 deductible + $5/month in the bank and earn interest on the money myself instead. Then use that money to get the phone of choice when/if needed.

Then again... Insurance is all gambling basically *Shrug*
Menno

Apr 1, 2010, 1:11 PM
Local store has it like this (for advanced phones like android)

$100 up front for 2 years of coverage against anything, including lost and stolen.

Deductible is $40
2 battery replacements @15 a pop

Yeah it's a gamble, and a bit pricier.. but I rooted my phone. I paid full retail for this one, I don't want to do it again.
WernerCD

Apr 1, 2010, 3:06 PM
My store has $100 for 2 years extended basic coverage (NOT Lost/Stole/User Fault) - Accessories on original ticket (Car Charger, case, etc) and one free batter per year covered.

I'd sell +lost/stolen hand over foot if it was available in my store for the same price ☚ī¸

With THAT being said... $40 deductible ain't that bad of a deal...

Granted Amazon.com has Droid batters at $10-15 currently (likely to go down as time passes obviously) so that part is... meh.
Menno

Apr 1, 2010, 3:44 PM
you can only get it for 10-15 on a new contract though. if you're 6 months in and break your phone, it's 600.

it's 600 for me either way since I don't have a contract (and I don't like getting them) so 140 for a new phone or 600 is easy
WernerCD

Apr 1, 2010, 3:56 PM
I think we are misunderstanding here 😛

Amazon.com has droid *BATTERIES* for $10-15.

$100 + $40 isn't that bad of a deal, especially since, for the same price, *MY* store sells 2 years without loss/theft coverage... and instead gives 2 free batteries and covers accessories.

I'd sell YOUR insurance hand over foot, because that's not a bad deal.
Menno

Apr 1, 2010, 5:42 PM
ah yeah batteries are meh.. I think it's more of a convenience thing than anything else. If I understand it, it's pretty close to their cost.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.